Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Keep the fingers crossed it might just happen!!!

13K views 99 replies 34 participants last post by  jstanley9798 
#1 ·
See less See more
#51 ·
Yes they work great, had 1 for the last 7 years.
Go with this bill..I used both ..the flexible light strip is ok but it really doesn’t direct the light down and It’ll blind u ..plus u have to zip tie them because the glue won’t hold to long in cold weather..I use what some dude is talking about now and will never change it..plus u Can turn the lights in different directions

#52 ·
I have the strip light and love it. Used some duct tape under the strip (keeps the strip from shorting out on the poles and stick better) and then put clear packing tape over the top so it doesn’t come off. Also made a “battery holder” out of 3/4 pvc w/ a screw cap for 8-AA batteries and a switch made for motorcycles that mounts to the bar. Total “investment” is about 30 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

#55 ·
I spliced a 12v plug-in connector into my light strip power cord. This 12v connector is the connector that you see on many 12v DC power supplies for computers and phones and such. The connector then plugs into a small, palm-sized Milwaukee 18v-12v converter. Sliding a regular 18v Milwaukee drill motor battery onto the converter powers the light, and I can also charge my phone off of it since the converter has a USB connection built in.

I left the original battery connections for the light in place that are made to connect to a 12v battery. I taped them up so that if need be, I can unrap them and use them as a backup to connect to a 12v battery directly.

When I go out, I carry two 18v batteries with me. One is on my auger and the second powers my shanty light. This second battery can also charge my cellphone and be used as a spare if my auger battery every runs out, but that hasn't happened.

#59 ·
Naw - Ice coming by the weekend. Thank you Mr. Bucket Men!
<----<<<

#67 · (Edited)
Ice for canals yeah. Has been, for lake..probably not
All that means is that we can probably start jigging again by the end of April! (Correction - end of February);)
Like last year I actually ice fished a canal AFTER my first day jigging Algonac!
<----<<<

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.