Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Administrator
17,424 Posts
Friend of mine lives on an Algonac canal. Fished 10 yards off his seawall.
Spikes and waxies. 6 - 7 fow.
8 inch perch for reference.
Slow... but making ice.
20210110_172330.jpg

I should add 2.5 inches of ice.
<----<<<

·
Administrator
17,424 Posts
That one perch must identify as a bluegill.
First fish of the day. Thought "Cool! I wouldn't mind more of these". Moved one foot deeper and it was gill city, and no more keeper perch.
Was hoping for the gills though.
<----<<<

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
I have really fallen in luv with casting for perch.
Can be lots of fun on a light combo, if you started eating them would get addictive. Hard to beat fresh perch fried in your fav batter. When the walleye are in thick in the river and I know limits are no problem, I like casting small lures on my 6'7" light rod with a pflueger 20 series reel :)

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Interesting... I'm currently a plastics guy, however that can change at the drop of the hat

·
Administrator
17,424 Posts
Starting today - 58 straight hours above freezing with periodic showers. :banghead3
Looks like I hit "Last Ice" yesterday? Fish were either "Big" or "Small". Threw back 20 or so, and only kept a handful.. but a few TANKS!
011221_2.jpg

011221_3.jpg

Safe boating Ya'll!
<----<<<

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Its looking like another dismal ice season, looks like ill be on the boat again this weekend...ugh frustrating ready to get those jumbos

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
If lady Clare don't wanna get it done there's plenty of other spots to go out there, There is good temperatures coming hopefully it gets something happening. Fak lady claire, heading to the skag. I am on a mission. The whales are snapping.
Lol you go Carpenter. BTW hopefully she don't find out your talking bad about her. :lol:

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
If lady Clare don't wanna get it done there's plenty of other spots to go out there, There is good temperatures coming hopefully it gets something happening. Fak lady claire, heading to the skag. I am on a mission. The whales are snapping.
Scout her out for us Bill..and if u don’t get skunked I’ll be out there next weekend..wish I could of went but I’m knee deep in ocean fox farm this weekend..good luck ..hook them in the face!

21 - 40 of 100 Posts