Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to hijack Jason's or Johnny O's Great Lakes Kayak fishing post from the sticky's above, but with salmon camp now less than a week away I am pumped! Excited about the chance to potentially fish with some new folks, besides the family and friends I love dearly. Here's just a few pics from salmon camps gone by to get the blood pumping, looking forward to seeing what we can add to it this year!
Water Boat Sky Vertebrate Watercraft
Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Outdoor recreation
Water Sky Water resources Cloud Afterglow
Water Boat Vehicle Paddle Watercraft
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Boat
Footwear Plant community Vehicle Cargo pants Tree

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great memories and photos Tommy O! I sure hope this weather holds until our next camp wraps up. Here are some of my favorite things about salmon camp.

Helping Dad hold up his fish because he was too tired after reeling in 10 colors of lead core.

Eating the morning's catch that was cooked over the camp fire.

Napping in the hammocks with my brothers and friends after eating said fresh catch!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sharing a few pics from this year's successful camp. We had 3 Hobies, 1 Wenonah canoe, and 1 powerboat in the mix this year. All of us experienced some success fishing either PM Lake, the Ludington Harbor, or beyond the pierheads. Unfortunately some windy conditions limited our ability to explore beyond the pierheads as we might have liked but we were able to find fish in the harbor and in PM Lake. Most fish were caught trolling crankbaits although a few were jigged up. A mix of kings, coho, steelhead, lake trout, pike, smallmouth, and even a giant flathead catfish were caught. Kings were all large, healthy, and mostly pretty fresh/chrome. As always, the camaraderie shared amongst the group was what really made the trip special. Was especially great to see my 79 year old father out there going toe-to-toe with a big king. It may have broke him off at the net but he didn't seem to mind a bit. Rainbow over PM lake and a few burnt orange sunsets were also memorable.

Already looking forward to next year.

View attachment 787082
View attachment 787083 View attachment 787084 View attachment 787086
View attachment 787087 View attachment 787089
View attachment 787090

·
Registered
44 Posts
Will see if one of the other fellas can upload the picture of Bob and his coho caught out of the wenonah and any other favorites I forgot to add.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not quite as many fish this year, but we definitely caught some toads, and couldnt ask for a better group to share the experience with!! Thanks Boys!!
Water Sky Boat Cloud Watercraft
Grey Fish Seafood Wood Food
Jaw Wood Fish Seafood Fish products

1 - 11 of 11 Posts