Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am able to get a great discount on Kawasaki atvs. I'm in the market for one to use for my food plots and hunting. I'll be pulling a 400# disk for the plots. I'm thinking 500cc of bigger.

Do any of you have Kawasaki's? If so do you like them?

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
I purchased a Kawasaki Brute Force 650 this past October. I don't have a ton of seat time yet, but so far it has been great. With the Kaw's there is no middleweight...you either go small with the 350's or you jump to the 650's. For this year their are two 650's, the standard Brute Force with a solid axle and the Brute Force with the IRS rear. The Brute Force 750 is IRS as well. I have the solid axle model which is fine for my needs...hunting/ plowing and general use, but the machine is so much fun that I will be hitting the trails with it as well! I got my 650 for $5800....some manufacturers sell their 400 class machines for that price. It has more than enough power with only a few machines faster (Polaris and Bombardier 800's the 750 Brute and the 700 Prairie are the only machines quicker) The 650 is also quite a bit lighter than many other big bore machines.
Many Kaw owners suggest using low range if you are going slow or working to keep proper belt tension. One thing I will eventually change are the tires, I want a more aggressive tire, but I have not had any problems with the factory tires either.....but they really haven't been tested.
I have a receiver hitch, winch and plow for mine. So far I am verry happy with it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
buy kawi , i have 01 650 with 2600miles a 99 300 with 8600miles and a 89 with 8500 miles and all start and run every time never replaced hardly any thing just do your maintnance and i am headed to buy a 750 next week

·
Registered
802 Posts
we have a couple of 96 kawasaki 220's and most of the other guys up there have hondas, and they seem to have more problems than us. The only real problem we have had is one of them has some sort of a short and runs the battery down quickly. One guy just got a couple of arctic cats that are real nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts