Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
381 - 400 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I know we aren't supposed to post about specific honey holes and that this was not in the NW, but based on the pics, I'd say there is a whole bunch of ho bangin' to be had downtown right now. Shoot me a PM if ya need coordinates.

View attachment 787104
Always such a mess down there. My buddy loves it down there and i meet up with him a couple times for salmon season. Some guys down there can be real courteous when your fighting a fish and other guys could care less. Definitely combat fishing. I wonder how that's going to go if/when they knock out the dam for the yuppies that are supposed to bring in tourist dollars kayaking "The Grand Rapids". I personally could care less because i have a love hate relationship with that spot.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Ha! I recognize those rocks in the upper right corner of the first picture! Now that I know they're there, I'm crashing your fishing hole!!

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I just left Tippy.
There might have been 20 guys counting both sides. Saw 1 fish caught.
Yesterday was fire, today dead.
I'll try again later.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I know we aren't supposed to post about specific honey holes and that this was not in the NW, but based on the pics, I'd say there is a whole bunch of ho bangin' to be had downtown right now. Shoot me a PM if ya need coordinates.

I gotta show that pic to my friend at work. He's on his way north this friday and told me he hopes its not shoulder to shoulder :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Im going up friday for a week sure glad i spent my youth discovering places that still have sasquatch!!! And dinosaurs ha ha lol off the path i go

·
Registered
200 Posts

View attachment 787104
This just baffles me. Surely spreading out somehow should be better. I've never participated in mosh pit fishing - it's like everybody buying a lottery ticket at last week's winning party store. There's so many better places to rub your d*** on;)!

·
Premium Member
11,934 Posts
This just baffles me. Surely spreading out somehow should be better. I've never participated in mosh pit fishing - it's like everybody buying a lottery ticket at last week's winning party store. There's so many better places to rub your d*** on;)!
Back in the day, this was one of the most entertaining places to be. Whether you were perched up on the bank with a cold 40 or down in the pit with your favorite flossing rig. I miss those runs. Not sure I will ever get my feet wet down there again, but I surely would go down just to watch the circus.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
What side were you on?
I was on the south side.
Started in the coffer and then below.
Tonight I lost one and landed one.
I'll be back on the south side in about 7 hours lol.

We went to several rivers today just looking around.

Homestead parking lots were packed at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Wednesday, no thanks. We didn't even get out of the car there.
Platte was busy mid-day and water is gin clear everywhere. We need rain.
The only bites fish I'm getting now are before 8am and after 7:30. When the sun is out nobody is getting bit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I believe those lures you posted pics of are Betsie Bombs. They sure trick the fish into swimming into them with their tails and the degenerates love them to snag floating beers so that they can drink them and then leave the empty cans on the bank. :LOL:

381 - 400 of 485 Posts