Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Anyone who wants to throw ole TFB a bone on where to fish may get rewarded with riches...beer, a 20 spot, smb and northern pike honey holes, etc., if their tip leads to my first king.

Yes I have no shame.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I may go up this year. We used to set up camp (in a campground, not on the river) and fish every weekend but the fights, the trash, the poaching just got to me. Maybe another try after 10 years is warranted. There really are few things as exciting, at least for me, than a king on a fly rod in a small river. I think I'm talking myself into it right now. 😆

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone who wants to throw ole TFB a bone on where to fish may get rewarded with riches...beer, a 20 spot, smb and northern pike honey holes, etc., if their tip leads to my first king.

Yes I have no shame.
I would just go to the Betsie and run skein under a float. It's not complicated. Find a hole that looks like it should hold fish and hit it with Skein under a float. If you don't want to fish the Betsie, there are plenty of other tribs that will hold fish. PM me if you want more info.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I may go up this year. We used to set up camp (in a campground, not on the river) and fish every weekend but the fights, the trash, the poaching just got to me. Maybe another try after 10 years is warranted. There really are few things as exciting, at least for me, than a king on a fly rod in a small river. I think I'm talking myself into it right now. 😆
Trust me, 10 years hasn't changed a thing.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ok i got some nice hints from 3 very kind folks. I will try each of the areas this year...first king i get, one of these guys will get paid. Internet guiding!

Really looking forward to ths yr.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Kaboom! What a tank. The word bang wasnt enough. We all should have an ms outing at tippy or somewhere. I saw in the past it was done..
Any interest now?

Reactions: Ricky Bubbles
1 - 20 of 482 Posts