Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sarurday 12/27 hit the road at 4:30 am,headed down the river at 8:30 while still mortoring seen up ,seen two bald eagles perched up in a tree,one fly off I've seen them many times in the past,still a awesome site.found the low annd gin clear as exceted,actually a little lower then I thought it was going to be,was hopeing the rain eariler in the week would have brought it up a little.we anchored at the first hole I wanted to fish,on second cast put one on,got it up to the a few times before I lost it,that was it the fish gods did not give me a second chance.still had a great time what a beautiful day on the river temps in the 40's and a sunny sky.seen only one fish caught in the strech of river we fished.going to try to get back up next weekend

·
Registered
609 Posts
We saw the eagels while kayaking the river this last summer. Beautifull birds on a huge pine.

Jason

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Yeah Larry, quite a bit different than last years run up there around then, you hooked what, 20+ fish!? I remember that post, it got me hitting the river again after not much success during last falls small run.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jon,
it was the same weekend one year later,with much different results,still enjoyed my time on the river,I had a great fall/early winter last year,this year for one reason or another have not been up there much. Last year had fresh brown spwan though out the fall,I still feel brown trout spwan is steelhead candy,anyways keep up with the good reports.good fishin to ya.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Thanks Lar, good fishin' to you as well, I hope you can make up there alot during spring!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts