Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

181 - 200 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
When I looked at the camera for Bear Lake, I could see what looked like a shanty out on the ice. From what John has been saying that's pretty daring.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
I fished Starvation over the weekend. I went in the later afternoon. Guys were fishing pretty close to the dock, 20-40 yards out, maybe 18-20 fow. I think there's a weed bed right around there. I fished a spot a touch further out, ice is a solid 4 inches. I was not able to find the trout but got a perch and very small walleye. The other guys on the bed were hitting trout, not sure what they were using though.

Conservation officers were out, they said Skeg was super busy over the weekend, i'm glad I chose starvation. Much quieter and very easy on and off.

I was using wax warms on a pink jig, and a blue teardrop jig. I think the trout are probably hiding in that weed bed IF they are more shallow otherwise I bet they go deep?

I also saw a spot where there was a bunch of corn left on the ice...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Chumming with corn.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I fished Starvation over the weekend. I went in the later afternoon. Guys were fishing pretty close to the dock, 20-40 yards out, maybe 18-20 fow. I think there's a weed bed right around there. I fished a spot a touch further out, ice is a solid 4 inches. I was not able to find the trout but got a perch and very small walleye. The other guys on the bed were hitting trout, not sure what they were using though.

Conservation officers were out, they said Skeg was super busy over the weekend, i'm glad I chose starvation. Much quieter and very easy on and off.

I was using wax warms on a pink jig, and a blue teardrop jig. I think the trout are probably hiding in that weed bed IF they are more shallow otherwise I bet they go deep?

I also saw a spot where there was a bunch of corn left on the ice...
So Starvation lived up to its name? :D

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
There was people out on Big Bradford in Waters Friday and Saturday. They were fishing, I'm not sure about catching. They seemed to be moving around quite a bit especially Saturday.

They were all fishing towards the point at the Northern part of the lake. I tried to warn the first few groups that walked past my place that there was open water down there a few days prior but it didn't do any good. I talked to one guy on his way back in that said some places were only 1.5 inches of ice.

People are crazy.....

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I was hoping to fish skegmog this morning but I slipped on my way out & ripped my left pectoral muscle, right over my heart! I thought I was havin the big one! Hurt like mad. Ben sitting in the e r ever since. They’re getting ready to give me the covid test then kick me to the curb shortly. Hoping for skegmog tomorrow if I can still work the spud or augger.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was hoping to fish skegmog this morning but I slipped on my way out & ripped my left pectoral muscle, right over my heart! I thought I was havin the big one! Hurt like mad. Ben sitting in the e r ever since. They’re getting ready to give me the covid test then kick me to the curb shortly. Hoping for skegmog tomorrow if I can still work the spud or augger.
Feel better!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ouch! Good luck working the auger with a torn pec haha. Hope ya heal fast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
John you want my phone number??!?! Don't get stuck somewhere lol

Would you be going from Baggs launch?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
OUCH!!! Good luck John!!! Hope you heal up soon!

·
Registered
903 Posts
When I looked at the camera for Bear Lake, I could see what looked like a shanty out on the ice. From what John has been saying that's pretty daring.

You sure you have the right Bear Lake? I wouldn't think Bear Lake Kalkaska would have a weather cam.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
You sure you have the right Bear Lake? I wouldn't think Bear Lake Kalkaska would have a weather cam.
Nope. It's the cam I have set up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Was on Bear Lk this morning. About 4" to 5" of ice. Around 20 people. Haven't been on that Lk in at least 15 yrs. Was putting first line in, the line wasn't going down very well, fish on! Putting in the second pole, looked like the line was hugging the side of the hole. Fish on! Fished for about 2 more hours during witch had two fish on, lost both. One of the other guys wanted two leave. We left. Ended with 1 rainbow and 1 brown.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Was on Bear Lk this morning. About 4" to 5" of ice. Around 20 people. Haven't been on that Lk in at least 15 yrs. Was putting first line in, the line wasn't going down very well, fish on! Putting in the second pole, looked like the line was hugging the side of the hole. Fish on! Fished for about 2 more hours during witch had two fish on, lost both. One of the other guys wanted two leave. We left. Ended with 1 rainbow and 1 brown.
Nice job!!!

181 - 200 of 406 Posts