Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if there is floatable water below allegan dam right now.. have never floated it and want to check it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
ty

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
For the most part it's open with the exception of the extreme lower river which has been froze over for a long time now. I fished at the highbanks this morning and the shelf ice wasn't too bad but there was alot of flows, I think there was a boat trolling upstream breaking it up.

Mitch

·
Registered
586 Posts
I fished the zoo Saturday water was open but launching is diffcult if you can't carry your boat down. We ended up 5 for 7 on saturday pulling plugs hot n tots worked best in several colors most fish came up towards the dam(warmer water) hope this helps. see ya Larry:D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
5 for 7? That has to be your best day so far Larry. Nice catch!

Unable to get the launch plowed I guess?

Rick

·
Registered
586 Posts
I plowed the lot best i could the snowmobilers had it packed tight I couldn't plow it right down to the river though but the lot is pretty good except for the drive down in was to hard also. but there is a path going down in thats not to bad I saw Mitch as we passed by the launch and looked like he had a small jimmy and didn't have any problems getting out. Yes that was my best day ever on the river for this time of year it was a blast even caught a sucker on a tot.:eek:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Do you think i could launch my boat with my 4x4 blazer? It is far too heavy to carry down a ramp.

It would really be nice to get her out of "dry dock".

·
Registered
586 Posts
Maybe the dam access would work for you ,the launch by m89 would be trouble i think but go for it if you don't mind waiting for a tow.:D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Gomer,

There was a guy that launched with his trailer Sun morning. Had a pretty beefy 3/4 ton though. I got out of there no prob with my Sonoma highrider, you'd be SOL if you got high sided in that packed down stuff.

Nice Job TroutTracker, you musta hit a couple more after I talked to ya. Nice to chat with you if only for a minute. That skipper you had on the stringer made my mouth water!

Mitch

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey Mitch after we saw you& i showed you the fish my buddy said that he only saw 2 fish when i held them up so i checked and there were only 2 the bottom fish had somehow worked its way off must be the jaw tore through (we try to cut a hole in the jaw to run the stringer through instead of running through the gills so they stay alive while we are on the water). we hit one right after you drove out we could still see our truck in the lot then we hit another one up aways further just before dark we put a full day in to get those fish hope people don't think its just easy. :D We had a fish boil last nite with our church group with a couple of the bigger ones man that was awesome!! But i can't wait to grill that small male we caught.:D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yeah, I kinda thought that. I only saw 2 when you showed me the stringer but I thought I musta heard you wrong, or you guys had some "liquid warmth" in the boat with ya. Oh well, it happens I put my fish on the stringer the same way.

Mitch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts