Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets get a list together of everyone fishing the Zoo the weekend of the 13th. I can get a map together so everyone can find the weigh-in/recovery area. I can also plan better for the food with a somewhat accurate number. How about some of you east-siders, are you gonna make it? Let me know and I can work on some accomidations. I can probably make some room.

What time are we fishing to. How about 7:00-200.

What do you think Mitch?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Sounds good. Fish til 2 and pull 'em in and head to your place.

When we get a fairly accurate head count we can work out the food situation.

I too could probably make room for one or two, pending the bosses approval.

Planning on doing a little "prefishing" this weekend, have you been to the river at all this week?

Mitch

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Jeff, You know I will be there along with DonP. I haven't heard from stein yet, so there may be a spot open. will have to wait and see. Make sure that you do not spend a bunch of money for the food, we can all bring something. Being the host doesn't mean you are footin the bill. ;)
We appreciate your foolishness, I mean thoughtfulness!
Just a little hint, If you plan on launchin at the Dam, Don't wait till 6:45 to do so, you'll be parking up the road!:(
I will bring some smoked fish, and smoked sausage! a scale, and a cooler full of trout!:D

Unfortunately I hafta fish the Joe this weekend,I wish I was on the Kazoo, I am sure the water at the Joe will be very nasty!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Here's the list I came up with,

Myself
Spanky
No Threat
Catfishhoge
Severus
Caz
Sixshooter
Quest
Deerhunter08
DonP
STEELHEAD
Steven Arend
Kingfisher2
Steinfishski
Trout Tracker

Any additions or subtractions? I'll just edit this list as more come.

If anyone needs a ride or has an open seat now would be a good time to work that out.

Looking like a good turnout, should be a good time. Let's get some more people into this thing, I could use the extra money!!!:D

Mitch

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
I'm definately in Dan! I'll bring a side dish of some sort say baked beans. Just shoot me a count and I'll bring plenty.

Tim

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Mitch,

Trout Tracker will be fishing with me and we will be stopping for the weigh in and buffet! I will bring some type of side dish also.
Look forward to seeing you all again, and meeting some new faces.

Rick

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Good Rick, we'll follow you and Trout Tracker!!!!

Mitch
Good idea, Mitch...we'll take all their hotspots and fill our cooler. Now yer talkin'!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Does some one have room for one in their boat? If not I will have to go down to storage this weekend and get my boat ready for the outing or take Adjusted3's boat in either case I could take (2) additional persons.

Are we fishing just Sat. or Sat.-Sunday? If Sat. & Sun. is there a place to park my arsh for Sat. night?

Do you guys want me to bring some Canned Venison? (I know, I know, I'll post it Friday March 5.)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'm not sure what to bring guys but I'll think of something...perhaps some chips or something...Anyway...

Steve,
I know this isn't going to help you but........Caz told me last night he wants to fish but he isn't sure if he is going to have to work that saturday or not. He won't know until teh thursday before...

So i think that is like the 11th. So if you still don't have a ride or a group of passengers by then let me know and I'll have a spot for you as if Caz isn't going to go.

But if you get other plans that is great...

I'll need directions...To No Threats House. PM them if you would like. I too will be launching at the DAM...

-Jim

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Dan...

You bet I'll be there!! :D

What time we meeting for breakfast? ;)

I will dig the smoker out of the barn and whip up a batch of those smoked white ugly looking... nasty tasting things I have been getting off the pier!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Less than a week to go. If you're planning on making it and I don't have your name on the list post here so we can figure something out for food numbers.

I was at the river today in a couple spots and..... well..... let's just say it's not pretty. Hoping things change this week, which they should for the better with the forcast. I didn't drive all the way to the dam but I bet they had it pumping big time.

Hey Jeff, your PM box is full. I couldn't return your message. I'll try again tomorrow.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Mitch,

I was down to the MO and it also wasn't very pretty! I hope the rivers will calm down by next saturday.
It was mentioned not starting to fish untill 7:00, I got to tell you that with the limited time for me to fish (weekends mostly) I will be starting at the very first light. Hope this isn't a problem!

Rick

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Rick,

I really don't care when you guys start fishing, make the most of your Saturday and start whenever you want.

Mitch

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'll be there fishing with steelhead. can't wait to try somewhere diff then the joe. it's been good to me just want to see someone else's home water.:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
O.K. guys, hopefully the river will be in better shape by saturday.
I was thinking about a fish boil after the weigh-in. We can use my fish if I catch any or maybe someone else can donate too.Everyone should bring what they want to drink and a side dish if you want. A fold-up style camp chair might be handy also. I'll take care of the plates and table service.

Mitch, your P.M. box is STILL FULL!

I have sent out directions to most that said they are attending, If you still need directions please let me know.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Hey jeff as of earlier your pm box was full also. I am not attending this outing btw, Rob(deerhunter08) may. I fowarded him the pm you sent me. You guys should do good, let me know how it goes as i will be on the river sunday for sure. :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A fish boil sounds good to me, I've never tried it but have been meaning to. I'll have to check the freezer as my fish supply has dwindled lately. I'll contribute anything I catch Sat. providing things go to plan. I'll be bringing a side to pass, probably a potatoe salad or something.

Quest, I'll let you know what happens Sat. if you want we can hook up and do some "bank maggot" damage Sunday!

PM box should have room now, sorry about that Jeff.

Mitch

1 - 20 of 53 Posts