Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was finally able to get out and wet a line this last week. Over the weekend I took my son (Justin) and a friend (Al) fishing. Neither had ever caught a Steelhead before. We fished for several hours, I went 2 for 6 and the neither Al nor Justin had touched a fish. We were getting ready to wind down for the day. Justin had just broke off on a snag, Al was just plain tired! Justin was setting on the river bank and Al comes over and says I'm done. Justin asked if he could us Al's pole. Al said knock yourself out. Justin went to the exact spot Al had fished all day. The second cast FISH ON! What an exciting thing to see, he could hardly hold the pole tip up. It took some time with the high water and all but he prevailed.
What a trip one to remember for the rest of his and my life.
There was also some lady that was video taping. She said she was videoing for the practical sportsman. She said he may be on the show. I don't even know when it's on anymore. Oh well it was an exciting day.

[/IMG]

The latest Steelhead fanatic!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Great job.;)

Man you can really tell Justin is geeked in that pic, nothin but teeth showing.:D Way to go Justin.

·
Registered
485 Posts
nothing, I mean nothing COOLER, than a youngster enjoying the out of doors!! And steelheading to boot. takes a die hard kid to do the continous cast of steelheading. Now he knows the rewards.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Awesome job! ;)
Great fish! Im jealous. :rolleyes:
Im 30 and still haven't got my 1st steelie.
Way to go Justin.

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
That is a great fish Justin! :) Steelhead can be a tough fish to catch in a river and your determination paid off! I think your dad deserves a congratulations too on a job well done! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey duhgravy congrats to your son, thats a fine fish. The Practical sportsman is on PBS, on thursdays @8:30 or 9:00 pm and saturdays @10:30 or 11:00 AM. Im not exactly shure about the station where you are but its usually that time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, JackpineSavage. I will see if I can even get that statioin.

No matter, I don't think he or I will forget that day anytime soon!

It was an exciting day! That made my day! :)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
What a fantastic picture. There is nothing like a kid catching their first big fish. Reminds me of my daughter last summer, 12 years old, we went out at 6:00 AM on our boat on a little lake by our place up north. After about an hour she hooked a monster, which jumped right out of the water and took off like a shot, she yells DAD! grab my shoulders, this fish is going to pull me in!!! :eek: LOL. After about a 10 min. fight she finally got it to the boat, we snapped a picture and let him go, she says DAD that was GREAT!! and then proceeds to curl up in the bow of the boat and fell fast asleep totally exausted. That is one of my best memories of fishing. :D Great Job Justin!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts