Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
There have been several taken over 500lbs in MI... The record for weight is over 600lbs.. I dont know what the largest skull is.. I wanna say 22 or 23..
I was refering to the bear that holds the state record skull measurement. It was broken twice in one year, It was in woods and water about 2 years ago. First one was about 550# and the second(current record) I am pretty sure was 385# they were from the same UP county

I believe the highest weight that I know of, (not counting the Art Jackson bear) is almost 700lb, And was the state record skull several years ago. It was killed in the backus flooding,Roscommon county. We had one on film last year that would make 600#, he is still around, may be hitting the bait, we havnt looked at the photos yet. one of the shooters might get lucky. If not next years my turn.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I was refering to the bear that holds the state record skull measurement. It was broken twice in one year, It was in woods and water about 2 years ago. First one was about 550# and the second(current record) I am pretty sure was 385# they were from the same UP county

I believe the highest weight that I know of, (not counting the Art Jackson bear) is almost 700lb, And was the state record skull several years ago. It was killed in the backus flooding,Roscommon county. We had one on film last year that would make 600#, he is still around, may be hitting the bait, we havnt looked at the photos yet. one of the shooters might get lucky. If not next years my turn.
Got ya.. I thought you were referring to weight in general!!

Good luck getting after him!

Apologize for butting in!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts