Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
141 - 160 of 276 Posts

· Registered
8,810 Posts
Not sure anyone said that but to claim definitively a deer is fake bc 20 taxidermists looked at old grainy photos seem a little crazy to most of us.
Any good against what experts said even after they physically looked at, held, scored, both on the deer, and also deer antlers and skull cap. Night moves is lost. I think he is putting together another IP address for a new screen name as we speak.

· Registered
16,330 Posts
What if you tell someone that there buck photo is a nice buck and it turns out to be an obvious fake? A while ago, I posted a photo of a buck that was so obviously fake that it was ridiculous, yet it was not spotted by the same people that claim the Rompola buck is real on here. I guarantee that all of those 20-some taxidermists referred to in the video would have easily spotted it as a fake. Good taxidermists study how deer are supposed to look and are uniquely qualified to see things that average hunters will not notice unless it is pointed out to them and they have an open mind enough to really see and understand it.
Nothing wrong with anyone saying nice buck on a fake buck picture. As i have stated before being able to tell from a picture isn't really likely. I certainly wouldn't expect a deer to be certified by picture either. I am not quite sure what your point is.

I haven't read one point you have made about rompolas pictures that could be verified one way or another without handling the deer. You might be right IDK.....but there have been enough people who handled the deer who claim your opinion is wrong. Hard for me to agree with you just having only an opinion of a picture.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Nothing wrong with anyone saying nice buck on a fake buck picture. As i have stated before being able to tell from a picture isn't really likely. I certainly wouldn't expect a deer to be certified by picture either. I am not quite sure what your point is.

I haven't read one point you have made about rompolas pictures that could be verified one way or another without handling the deer. You might be right IDK.....but there have been enough people who handled the deer who claim your opinion is wrong. Hard for me to agree with you just having only an opinion of a picture.

Yup. Everyone has an opinion including Gary Berger whos recent comments further support the buck being real. He has alot more credibility than any taxidermists or enthusiasts who haven't handled or seen it firsthand. There are first hand opinions and then there are everyone else's.

· Registered
3,986 Posts

. He’s basing his opinions now on a podcast video of a guy who talked to a guy who says they are all does with antlers because some taxidermist’s saw some pictures, Lmmfao

· Registered
14,468 Posts
I think the best part of the whole thing.... ol Mitch is now "LEGEND" Status.....

Locked threads on him on MS can't shut him down!! Who else can do THAT??
I think the legend is growing like ground size was implying....

If you watch that Facebook page there's tons of people asking the most basic questions like "why didn't he enter it" "has he shot other big bucks" "where is the rack" "where'd he shoot it" The most basic of stuff that anyone even somewhat familiar with the deer would know.... It's almost as if after all these years they stumbled on the name and started researching.... Even some of these guys on the podcasts acting like they never heard of it til now that or they were very young when it happened...

I've got friends from turkey circles from outta state that were members before I was... We think the legend is only here but it seems theres a resurgence in interest again all over...

Edit: Dang it. GS posted while I was typing.... I meant implied by is that new interest is here and we may see a breakthrough coming.

· Registered
1,198 Posts
If you guys get a chance, do a little research and look up some of the other buck pics from rompolas website before he shut it down. Pretty interesting. I have seen a lot of dead bucks in my day and I gotta say some of his are pretty interesting.........
Those that are blind believers don't want to see those "interesting" deer he allegedly killed before or after he purportedly killed the "big guy" because they are obviously not legitimate. Behavior like that is baffling and sad. I actually feel sorry for them. It's embarrassing for Michigan's hunters as a whole too. Outside this state, very few hunters that are very familiar with the case, believe that Rompola is legit. We are laughed at becuase of this. There is this very vocal, often abusive group of Romolaites on here that runs off anybody that believes he is a fraud with their typical nasty, personal attacks, insults and even threats and when that doesn't work, they demand that anybody that disagrees with them on this be permanently banned here. Most people that see that kind of sick, twisted behavior just steer clear.

· Premium Member
14,873 Posts
There is this very vocal, often abusive group of Romolaites on here that runs off anybody that believes he is a fraud with their typical nasty, personal attacks, insults and even threats and when that doesn't work, they demand that anybody that disagrees with them on this be permanently banned here.
I only saw one post asking for your banishment, and I thought it was garbage. Is there really a group?

Disagreeing is one thing, insults another, but asking for banishment...that's as weak as it gets.

· Registered
7,307 Posts
As much as someone has it out for that hermit makes me think the hermit banged his wife and he's mad about that !
I've been thinking that Rompola must have been a really good arm wrestler back in the day but you could be right, 😆.

· Registered
10,568 Posts
Any good against what experts said even after they physically looked at, held, scored, both on the deer, and also deer antlers and skull cap. Night moves is lost. I think he is putting together another IP address for a new screen name as we speak.
Paul if Mitch (the love of your life) comes forward and enters a legitimate world record buck from Michigan, would stop going to Iowa to hunt them little bucks??

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

141 - 160 of 276 Posts