Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was sittin in my shack starin down my holes when I hear a motor that was kickin some serious Rs and thinkin man, now that's a sled ! Well this " sled " is gettin closer so I flip open my flap in time to see a FREAKIN AIRPLANE about 8 feet off the ice and 40 yards in front of my shack fly right over my tip up.
HOLY CRAP !!

So I'm thinkin " this guy's in trouble " as he's heading straight for a cluster of shanties on the west side of the lake. The guy weaves in and out of the shanties still at about 8 feet and right at the last minute, guns it and circles the lake.
He came within 20 feet of 2 shanties in a 20 to 25 mi. per hour cross wind. Not cool.

Now here he comes again, this time heading toward my shack. He's still at least 200 yards away and comming fast, I grab my zipper figuring I'd bail if this A Hole doesn't turn when he veers to the west again, this time his skis are touching and sending up plumes of snow. He never lands, but buzzes the shacks again on the west end, then flys away.

Other than that, there wasn't a whole heck of alot going on.........

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
yeah man, that guy is in obvious violations of numerous laws..... If you coulda gotten the id numbers off, i'd definitely have turn him in. People these days are just lunatics.

steve

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
DEFINITELY get the "tail number" on that plane ! I had that happen to me at Stoney Creek a couple of years ago. I was on the north lake fishing right near the dam. I heard it coming and all of a sudden, this sucker "buzzed the dam" at about 15' at most. Scared the crap out of me. He was moving along at a pretty good clip so was out of range before I thought about getting his tail number. I called the FAA and was told that I could file a complaint but that because I didn't have the planes ID number it wouldn't do much good. If that ever happens again, I'll hopefully be able to get the number and report the idiot.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Had a helicopter buzzing the lake at Kensignton n day last Oct.. We had a bass club even going on, he was so low that his prop wash was moving water... after he did this 4-5 times, one of the guys called on his Cell...never saw him again..

Found out later that he was running Helicopter rides outta the little airfield just north of the park...

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I have seen planes land on the ice on Lake Mitchell before. But they always kept well clear of ice fisherman.

Maybe I missed it...what lake were you on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts