Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
collector
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I just don't no why all the person involved in the bridge matter, just walk the guy out on the bridge and push him off it, if you going put his life in jeopardy.... hell at least that way his family can make some kind of court case out of it...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yep, I just don't no why all the person involved in the bridge matter, just walk the guy out on the bridge and push him off it, if you going put his life in jeopardy.... hell at least that way his family can make some kind of court case out of it...
Yet another "Downriver" baitshop "No Longer".:rant:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
every one so quick to blame the wealthy these days! seems to me like the landlord is the one at fault here!

·
Banned
8,493 Posts
Seeing as the bait shop owner helped the millionaire landlord prove his case that there was a viable business there to get $20 million for the property, the least he could do is buy the guy a building elsewhere, paid in full. The baitshop owner had him by the nads and didn't even realize it, or was a bit too trusting.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
There is a lot more behind the scenes on this one dealt mg with other properties like the duty free stations. But bottomline the tenant got hosed. I hope this Guy lands on his feet somewhere.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Banned
75 Posts
Seeing as the bait shop owner helped the millionaire landlord prove his case that there was a viable business there to get $20 million for the property.

Yep , the landlord used the Baitshop owner by dangling a forbidden fruit with dreams and promises of a payday on his behalf as long as he stays in business. The landlord just tossed the guy in the trash when he was done using him for their personal payday.--Just sad.

Jerrod (bait shop owner) should've had that in writing:rant:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yep , the landlord used the Baitshop owner by dangling a forbidden fruit with dreams and promises of a payday on his behalf as long as he stays in business. The landlord just tossed the guy in the trash when he was done using him for their personal payday.--Just sad.

Jerrod (bait shop owner) should've had that in writing:rant:
That really makes me sick. You use your tenant to help extort more money from Mouron (under the radar so your ***** doesn't get busted) and then toss him to the curb.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't that be considered some sort of extortion if he did sign something saying he would stay until the owner received the price they were asking for?

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
not unless there was a threat involved. just letting a tenant stay in while you are actively selling the property is not against the law. if they threatened or had a deal that the tenant would recieve some benefits once a sale was completed, then they would be in breech of that agreement. unfortunately it doesn't sound like anything was ever put on paper.

when all else fails, read your contract.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I see a lot of potential in this Maroun offer, as long as the government stays out of the picture. Let's say that Maroun relocates the bait shop to an onwater location where automobile drive-up AND boat traffic can access the business. It would have to be able to operate as a free-trade zone because a lot of boat traffic will come from Canada.

Maybe Maroun can accomodate the Border Patrol at the same site. The government's first objection would be illegals traffic and smuggling.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
There is one person to blame here and it's not the landlord or the buyer. Maybe it's the president, or the mayor. Give me a break. I do feel sorry for the shop owner and his family but trying to blame others for something that they have a right to do is not right either. Maybe someone here can help him find a different location. Maybe his health will improve if he doesn't have money for cigarettes. Look on the positive side. If a door closes another one opens. If he can find another location I'd donate a day to help him set up. Anyone else what to HELP. Nuff Said

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
There is one person to blame here and it's not the landlord or the buyer. Maybe it's the president, or the mayor. Give me a break. I do feel sorry for the shop owner and his family but trying to blame others for something that they have a right to do is not right either. Maybe someone here can help him find a different location. Maybe his health will improve if he doesn't have money for cigarettes. Look on the positive side. If a door closes another one opens. If he can find another location I'd donate a day to help him set up. Anyone else what to HELP. Nuff Said
not totally in agreement. the buyer, mr. maroun or however you spell his name did illegally close a lot of streets, and then allowed one crappy narrow street to stay open to get to his place that winds around and if you take the wrong fork in it, you end up on the bridge, with no chance of turning around.

it was stubborn-ness on both sides, buyer and seller, that led to the shop's worse struggle than normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Canada has offered to build a second bridge at no cost to Michigan but Matty the Moron's bought and paid for politicos don't want the jobs that would bring. When common sense is turned away follow the money and you will find the motivations. Another example of government by bribery. I for one will write an email to every politition demanding that Moron's influence end or they find a new job.

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
I feel bad for this guy, but he seems to be a victim of his own poor decisions to some extent. His family has run the bait shop for 60 years, and he claims that the bottle is killing him? What happened to the money they earned in 60 years? Talks to a reporter between pulls off a bottle of liquor, and stepping outside to smoke? Cut the cigs and the booze, and save the money for other things that are needs, instead of wants. That might improve his vision of the future, and afford him some food and a place to live.
I am not trying to sound un-sympathetic, because he is in a terrible position. But it would be hard to imagine all this happening suddenly with no warning. Just sitting in one place watching the World go by doesn't ensure anyone of getting anything they want out of life.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts