Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a PSE Kudu recurve. It is either a 2002 or 2003 model, and is 60lbs. and 28 inches. It is going to need a new string, I was wondering if I can/should use a fast flight string for this bow, or something else? Any info on this bow would be great. Thanks, Heath

·
Registered
685 Posts
Got this about using Fast Flight from PSE's tech forum.
Yes, it is OK. I would look into something like BCY 450 or even 8125.
Welcome to the world of Traditional Archery. Now ya just need to join Michigan Traditional Bowhunters and go to the Jamboree this summer. trust me you'll be hooked in no time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every time I've talked to someone about fast flight string, they've talked me out of it. Told me to stick with the B50.

I've got an Impala ( a cheaper version of the Kudu). It's a 40# and I have a B50 Flemish twist string on it and it is a sweet shooter.

The B50 is suppose to be more forgiving when you (that means 'I') do something sloppy.

If this is your first bow, you might want to start with one made from B50, either Flemish or Continuous. Then later move to a Fast Flight in either configuration.

Someone else here will probably be able to tell you better than me the +'s and -'s of Fast Flight.

If nothing else, call Three Rivers and ask for Brandon. He makes all their strings that they sell. They're real good people with real fast service.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think I will just go with a B50 string for now. I would love to go to the Jamboree, but I am trying to get hired into the Air National Guard as a pilot, and there hiring board is in June, I am not sure exactly when, but it may be the same weekend. Maybe next year will work out if I can't make it this year.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Buktruk: I use B-50 on all of my recurves except one and that one I shoot carbons. I make B-50 flemish strings--Make shure thay have alot of wax on them and shoot alot before you use them for hunting as they will stretch. I have sold them to guys shooting anything from old Bear bows-to Black widows. #-Rivers is one of the best places to buy traditional stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts