Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some people with some does taken with bows during this early season, but just a quick question. Considering this is a "early firearm season" even if you are hunting with bows you still have to wear hunting orange correct due to the fact it is technically firearms season??

·
Registered
817 Posts
Can use a bow but you must follow firearms rules.

Gotta wear Orange

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can use a bow but you must follow firearms rules.

Gotta wear Orange

Thats what I thought, just hope everyone else reads this, have seen a few bow pics on here where it might appear they are not wearing any....

Just want to make sure no one gets in trouble

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I saw that too. Be prepared to be derided for pointing that obvious fact out.
Dan

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that too. Be prepared to be derided for pointing that obvious fact out.
Dan
Well they can do what they want. I am in no means saying this in someones thread about their kill, nor am I pointing fingers at anyone.

Mistakes happen and maybe they just didnt know. But hopefully the rest of the weekend will help others perhaps avoid some problems

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
shot mine with a gun but pic has no orange on me. If you look at the pic you may see the vest by the back end of the deer. Do not asume they hunted in the outfit the picture is in.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shot mine with a gun but pic has no orange on me. If you look at the pic you may see the vest by the back end of the deer. Do not asume they hunted in the outfit the picture is in.
Just as a disclaimer, I did not assume. Which is why i did not bring it up in the actual threads themselves, and It was a reminder for others who may be going after theirs with a bow thats all

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Just as a disclaimer, I did not assume. Which is why i did not bring it up in the actual threads themselves, and It was a reminder for others who may be going after theirs with a bow thats all
glad you brought it up though cause it probably does not cross a lot of peoples minds that venture out with a bow after being used to bow hunting without orange! thanks!

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
i thought about posting something on those threads too but chose to keep my mouth shut so good work:lol:

i actually didnt even think about it until my dad said something and i was like oh yeah i guess that does make sense....

i like wearing orange in my pics... just shows you dont need to kill a deer with a gun when you can kill em with a bow... and its more fun :lol:

there now they wont be mad at you anymore haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts