Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the lake to myself last night. I thought about bailing since everybody else already had but then I got one of these.

Hung around and got one more

No fast furious action but it gave me some time to get to know my new fishing buddy, 798c SI

I was actually going to buy a flasher when I saw this on sale. I figured I could get another transducer and also use this on my boat since I've been needing a new graph. That's the story I've been rehearsing for the wife anyways.

I got to give a "Big Ups" to sfw1960 for his help plus I plan on blaming him if my wife gets out of hand.

Got the crappie 26 foot down in 30 fow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
good job on those nice crappies!!!! i actually use a lowrance elite 5 for my fish finder.... i put it into an old tackle box and i just use the same transducer and it works just find on the boat and on the ice just had to buy a c clamp lol.... personally i like having this better than a flasher

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Those are beauties.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I have a 797c2ion my boat and Love IT! Congrats on the new toy!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Monark said:
I got to give a "Big Ups" to sfw1960 for his help plus I plan on blaming him if my wife gets out of hand.
Yeah... Robert can be a pretty good guy sometimes.

Now mind you... I said SOMETIMES!! :lol:

Just remember... you are getting your advice from this guy:

By the way... nice couple of specks!!

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
He's a talkative bugger too..:lol::evil:
REALLY??

I usually tell my Wife that I will call Dan back AFTER I have fully charged my cell phone battery ....so who's kidding WHO?
:p

Don doesn't remember what I look line - he's just guessing it's been so long since he's been up this way!!

Besides, does this guy>>>
Look trust worthy??>>>

:lol:

Those crappie's eyeballs look like they were kind of deep - or reeled in really FAST!
Bo!nG!!!

Nice job
- your portable setup looks a little bit like a friend of mine's.
Keeping your transducer completely level might be a bear from the looks of that big old arm on you unit - but time will tell - and there's always room from improvements!:fish2:
Post more pictures!
:coolgleam

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had the lake to myself last night. I thought about bailing since everybody else already had but then I got one of these.

Hung around and got one more

No fast furious action but it gave me some time to get to know my new fishing buddy, 798c SI

I was actually going to buy a flasher when I saw this on sale. I figured I could get another transducer and also use this on my boat since I've been needing a new graph. That's the story I've been rehearsing for the wife anyways.

Got the crappie 26 foot down in 30 fow.
Holy crap, did you have to rob a bank to buy this?????:SHOCKED: Man if I bought a finder for this, my wife would have my ass....:rant:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts