Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
I'm heading out tomorrow morning FL to finally try to get some work done. Do I still need my air boat?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got 2 more ladderstands to hang on my lease. I guess I got stuff to do..Bugs are probably ridiculous..
Mosquitoes are unbearable. Worst since 2010 at my farm. I'm staying out of the woods until that situation improves.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Good luck! It will require a long dry period or some very cold weather to bring the skeeters down with all of that standing water. Your food plot looks like it may rebound but the corn looks like it will definitely take a huge hit. I hope that farmer had crop insurance. That is a tremendous amount of water if that field is tiled.

Yes, we are very dry up here. The high fire warnings were put out yesterday.

Reactions: johnhunter

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
I was able to work some trails up and plant today. Still some wet spots but a huge improvement in 1 week. I was able to plant all my access trails

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is a tremendous amount of water if that field is tiled.
If you drive around my neighborhood, you will see that scene repeatedly. And that's after 8 days of zero rain events. Lot of heavy dirt around here; the water seems to just sit on the surface until it evaporates.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
My area in northern St. Clair county was hit hard by rain. My canola...soys...and corn took a huge hit. My new alfalfa and ladino plot drowned out completely! Looks like it will be a lot of winter rye and peas around here for the fall.

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
In my home neighborhood 15%+ of the fields have simply NOT been planted and at this point will not get planted.

I will be curious to see how antler growth will be affected. Should be positive.

Thunderstorms tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
14,395 Posts
Thunderstorms tomorrow!!
We haven't missed out on any rain up here either, but being high and sandy frequent rains benefit.

I'm just finishing up with all my plots today and am hoping for more rain tomorrow.

Long range forecast calls for more rain end of the week also . Send it my way.........

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yes I was working at my property in Hillsdale county yesterday and the mosquitoes were relentless.
I was out to our farm in Hillsdale County this weekend and my food plots are looking pretty good. I got them in before Memorial Day and I was able to get the Roundup Ready corn and beans sprayed about 10 days ago. I tried to get some work done in the woods this morning but the mosquitoes chased me out of there in a hurry.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts