Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone i seen even in the ara i was hunting said they have not seen nothing,, I saw 2 deer on first two days of season,, one was my buck, 5 point.
THen went up day after Thanksgiving,, got another 5,, almost a 6....

I'd have to agree that i usually see allot more,, but saw a total of 3 deer,, and two were bucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Chances are that one deer was illegal. The answering posts are exactly what will keep most of the hunters in line. It is called peer pressure and it works. If indeed Treewalker made a mistake iI he will do it no more. I think he originally posted to brag, (a normal hunter phenomenom).

·
Registered
995 Posts
I thought the second buck had to have only four points on one side, not something above a five point. Is that a special DMU he is hunting in or we jumping to some strong assumptions on a fellow hunter?

Swamper

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
WOW!!! ,busted,MAybe should read the regulations or carry it with hime before he heads out to the woods.Of course if this true :sad: Maybe he will explain himself!!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Huntsman27 said:
Not many 5 pts running around with 4 on one side and one on the other?
I am offering the benefit of the doubt and also fishing at the same time. I have taken half an eight point myself which could have been a five point if the antler had broken off a couple inches from the skull instead of right at the skull.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I Would give him the benefit untill he can get back online to explain. I have seen some unique bucks in my day that will equal the 4 point rule.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Beneifit of the doubt? Yeah, maybe he is from out west, where a 5 point is really a 5x5 or 10 point. ;)

The funny thing is next year we will be seeing posts about lack of deer in the area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm about 5 - 10 miles south of of him and there us already a lack of deer. Saw one doe with two little ones which would tell me the carrying capacity is greater than the herd. I just need to see a few more does and little ones to confirm. Problem is I haven't seen any other deer :sad:

I just people in my area would use their brains more and stop shooting everything they can. My area is over the long-term goal (Saiginaw Bay) so I'm sure to see a butt load of anterless permits issued next year.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Tagged 2nd deer w/ sons license, yes he was w/ me in blind. He just doesn't like to be the one to shoot the deer.
Made him gut it if that counts as his 2nd buck kill.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
"just like a nightmare isnt it, just keeps gettin worse and worse" :help:

·
Registered
964 Posts
yikes is right...... I don't think I would have shared that information.

·
Registered
781 Posts
That's why we need a one buck for archery & one buck for gun tag. People wouldn't be so apt to burn tags then. One buck overall would be even better ... buttons would count for that as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.