Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is Wow!!! This one is so much better than my other M-bow(legacy) It is lighter, faster, better handle, and much smaller and lower profile. I love everything about it. Plus it has very little hand shock. I ended up getting the DXT and I'm glad I did. I tried a number of others out there....Bowtech, Hoyt, pse....I just liked the DXT the best and it felt the best. I don't think you can go wrong with this bow for those of you considering it.
Brian

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I remember you back a while ago looking for a bow and trying out diffrent ones and taking your time looking. Glad you found one that fits for you,I have the dxt also and am happy with it.
Time to put your new virgin in the woods and make it perform a little carnage for ya!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks man. I am definitely happy with it. I cannot believe the difference in my last one. This DXT just feels and shoots better all around. I am definitely going to be putting the smack down on some animals....Looking forward to a great season. Good luck with yours!!
Brian

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Truely a top notch bow... I ended up selling my Switchback this year a picking up a DXT. It's a great shooting bow.

Good luck with it this year...

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Its a very nice Bow. I bought the Drenalin last year and love it, but sometimes wish I had waited for the DXT:D The Drenalin is awesome and will surely last me 10 years like my MQ1 did... Great Choice with the DXT

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the Q2 the bow that started the new fad of dampeners and all that stuff, it still shoots better that most other bows of other brands, but I can't wait to step into the dxt next year. "taking over the pro's bow at the local pro shop, this years hunting set up for him"

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys thanks for the replies. I have shot a number of bows and I still think that Matthews are still at the head of the pack for a number of reasons. 1. Shock dampening(no hand shock whatsoever). 2. Smooth and quiet. 3. Excellent speed and pass through performance. I can't believe how much better this new one shoots and it is so light it does not even feel like a "normal" bow. Although it shoots as good as a longer ATA bow as well. I shot with it last night at 40/50 yards for practice and it was grouping right there no problems. You will not be disapointed with this bow. Good luck to everybody
Brian

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
You'll love that bow AA. I tried shooting a bear with it last week but they were so scared of coming face to face with the DXT that they denned up for the winter already.:lol::dizzy:

Have fun!:)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Good luck this year, can't wait to hear the stories!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Dxt is a nice choice, i shot that,the switchback,the s2,and the drenalin , i ended up with the drenalin it felt more comfortable to my style, but any mathews bow is a fast straight shooter and will help you put meat in the freezer! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
:evilsmile

bowtech
:evil:
Diamond...
no one else said it yet:p just had to. but congrats you picked a helluva bow...

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
I think with todays technology, generally it's hard to find a bad bow, regardless the manuf. There are some exceptions, but few. The one fits you, shoots well for you, is the bow for you. When I got the MQ1, thought I would never change. Tried the Switchback XT for grins more than anything else, and had to have it. I'm thru trying out bows. When I do, it takes away from my trailcam funds. :lol:

Good luck, nothing like drawing your first blood with a new bow. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh yeah the DXT is a awesome bow. That could be the one I buy next. Problem is that as soon as I purchase it the new better, faster, lighter one will be introduced. What a vicious cycle.:smile-mad

·
Registered
39 Posts
congrats!

I sold my Darton and went back to a Mathews. It's a switchback, actually picked up27 fps. You can't beat the mathews lineup.

good luck this year

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah so I've been shooting this bow for ~6-8 weeks and it just gets better and better. I can't wait for a nice monster to step out so I can try it out on him. I'm going to IL this year and I'm definitely going to put this baby to the test. Thanks for all the replies out there and I hope you all get monsters too!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts