Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out for a scenic drive with the wife Sunday, and my scenic drives always include drive-bys of all known ice fishing sites!! I drove by a new one on me, JUBB BAYOU!! I knew the county included it in their inventory, but I didn't know it was fished in the winter.
There were about 10 cars and trucks parked there Sunday. Have any of you ever fished it?? The trail leading from the roadside parking lot appeared well used. About 200 yards further west there is a 2 track heading downhill which appears to lead to the bayou. I didn't drive down it to see if it is another access to the bayou?? I believe the bayou is straight across from Riverside Park on the north side of the river?? Anyone have any input??

·
Registered
760 Posts
Only public access is at the county parking lot. The area west are driveways and private two tracks. Yes it's across from Riverside park. I believe it's feed by crockery creek. I never fished it but seen people fishing in October ;)

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
It's one of the areas best & least fished bayous. There are a few others in the area that are accessed only through private land (Mohr Bayou, for instance). They are worth seeking out. Best of luck to all!!~

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just fished Jubb from sun up to 10:30 14 tip ups in the water. Not one flag. Water stinks really bad. All the minnows came up dead??? Any thought???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts