Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drifted a lower stretch of the Jordan and had my motor mounted on my drift boat during it. Never used it throughout the drift but was given a heads up by a local guide that motors are not allowed until the river empties out into the lake. Was not aware of this and thought it was good information to know. Passing it on to this forum to hopefully inform more people!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
89 Posts
Drifted a lower stretch of the Jordan and had my motor mounted on my drift boat during it. Never used it throughout the drift but was given a heads up by a local guide that motors are not allowed until the river empties out into the lake. Was not aware of this and thought it was good information to know. Passing it on to this forum to hopefully inform more people!

Find any Steelhead? Another trib in the area that I fish has been very slow lately.

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
I've waded the Jordan, and know/knew about the no-motor regs. And I couldn't help but think, "who would try to run a motorized boat on this river, anyway?" So much wood. So many gravel bars, and shallow stretches. It's a tough river to even land a Steelhead in, with all the wood.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've waded the Jordan, and know/knew about the no-motor regs. And I couldn't help but think, "who would try to run a motorized boat on this river, anyway?" So much wood. So many gravel bars, and shallow stretches. It's a tough river to even land a Steelhead in, with all the wood.
It opens up in the lower stretches but I agree, most of the river is quite treacherous

1 - 5 of 5 Posts