Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been fishing for about three years now. Out of Courtesy I try not to ask other’s for info on their favorite fishing hole so I’ll try to keep this as generic as possible. I’ve worked in the Five mile and Beck rd. area for about Seven years and just heard about Johnson Drain about a month ago. I’ve read some of the posts here and they make problem worse. I can’t find it! I drove around looking for it and only found a small bridge on 6 mile with a trickle of stained water flowing under it (from what looked like a man made lake in a subdivision). Is this Johnson Drain? There is a pond near the railroad tracks east of Ridge and south of five (behind the prison) that is nearly inaccessible this time of year. Could it be part of it? I would love to try something close on my lunch one day but I haven’t a clue where to start. So, if someone could tell me if there is public access to it, and maybe rough directions (N. of Five? E. of Naiper?). Even a map of the area would help. In case you have any reservations, I practice catch and release, I use ultra light gear, and I’m not one of those fishermen who leave a mess wherever they go with bait containers broken lines and beer cans. I’d appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Rupestris

P.S. I know how hard it is to find a good thing and how quick a new fishing hot spot can become a shoulder to shoulder, line crossing extravaganza. If you’d rather keep it a secret, I understand.

·
Administrator
35,723 Posts
You are on it. The creek that goes under 5 mile road by the jail be the one. Moving this topic to South Eastern Streams forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.