Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thank you thundhead for the time to learn diffrent calls and the great food.
Wife had a blast with you playing with the slate calls. Think she is getting ready to go get her first bird. my other buddy is pumped and ready to go, and his wife is ready to kick him out to the woods to find a bird to have mounted, that mount he won has changed her out look for this season.
by the way we are on some birds went out yesterday to my location and they have turned it into a strut zone. one week left.

for all of you that missed this chance to hang out with us , i am sorry for your lost. it was a great chance to get out and meet people, learn a few things, and even get a chance to try other chokes in your gun to get it to pattern out better. i would recomend that any new or old turkey hunter come join us next year

·
Registered
106 Posts
It was nice meeting you Thunderhead, I just wish my timing was a little better. I didn't get to meet many of you that where there, I was the one that came in at the tail end of lunch with a bunch of kids. Anyway, thanks again for putting this on, and hopefully will see you again.

Oh ya, save some of those limb hangers for the rest of us.:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
It was well worth the trip from the Flint area, I brought my three young hunters and they had a ball, we all learned something from you guys. This is the 3rd seminar I've been to this year, and the best by far. It is well worth the trip from the east side of the state. I loved the turkey shoot. First one I have been involved with. It reminded me of the stories my dad told me about the shoots down south. By the way my oldest son confiscated the slate call that I won there. He drove me nuts on the way home, 2 hours of callin in the truck. Hey, I guess you gotta learn some where.

Thanks to everyone involved
I will bring friends next year

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm glad to hear people where willing to travel a couple hours for this. as i spoke to my buddy after winning the mount yesterday i might be putting my gun up and doing a bunch of calling. i have to take him out his wife my wife and my oldest boy. three of them never shot a turkey and my buddy has only got a jake last may. And i am not complaining i love to see fellow hunters bag their first animals. james finialy was able to bag his first whitetail with a bow last year and the joy on his face was well worth the time i had to put into it.
two years ago my wife was able to bag her first whitetail and that was a very enjoyable time. and that doe sits on are wall. to her it is a state record. that is what hunting is about. so please help out and bring someone new out doors
thanks mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts