Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good set ups for panfish? Haven't been ice fishing in a few years and my girl friend has never been (City Girl) and she wants to go.

·
Registered
649 Posts
If you want to consistently catch gills over the winter, I would go with tungsten jigs. Many companies are making them now and there is a reason for it. On those days when gills are deep and finicky, getting a small jig down 25-40ft and still having enough weight to keep your line taught is the key. Almost anything will work when they are in 10 -15 ft and aggressive. When they head deep is when what jig you use really matters.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I like the tungsten jigs with plastic or meat, but my favorite is a small Swedish Pimple tiped with a waxie.. always seems to get the bigger fish, and quick to get the bait back down..

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
I have always been a hali user but after being out fished today I will be stopping by Brenners and picking up some tungsten

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I have always been a hali user but after being out fished today I will be stopping by Brenners and picking up some tungsten
It not a matter of being out fished.. it just to know when to down size your offering.. Tungsten is nice because it gets down quick, but theres plenty of other smaller jigs that work..

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Usually never leave home without these tied on for gills.

CJ&S Demon jig size 10.

Jammin Jigs Bobber Fry

3 or 4mm Tungsten

Tiger Ice Jig size 8 ... Find these at Hick's in Clio, Stowe's Cove, and Smitty's Sunoco both near L. Fenton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts