Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am new to fishing for great lakes browns/steelies through the ice, I was wondering if jigging rapalas have a place in my tacklebox? I have a pretty good idea what I will need, and I'm looking at them wondering if they will work and are they too small.(smallest size).

Any input would be appreciated,

ficious

· catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw those at Lakeside's today, what makes them move?? I didn't see a fin on the tail, just a sassy shad type body. Does the tail provide enough resistance to make it glide?? Let me know how they work, if the fish are aggressive, it sure beats live bait.

ficious

· Registered
674 Posts
I saw those new lures at a local baitshop too and bought a couple packs. They're not giving them away, though. About $5 for a four pack. The tail moves with very little effort, but they seem like they will be very delicate. They have a tail like mister twister shad baits v.s. the regular mr. twister curly tail.
And to answer the original question, I catch a handful of lakers every year on Higgins with them.

· catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
krt,

Thanks for the reply. They are about $4 at Lakesides. What size do you get them on??(jigging rapala) I have mostly the smallest size(#?), and the size bigger. Newby to trout through the ice, just want to be prepared. Hate to watch fish that won't hit because I don't have what they want.(as if that don't happen enough anyway)

ficious

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.