Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

A friend of mine has a magnetic box about 2 times the size of a deck of cards and he uses it to hold his ice jigs. Does anybody know where to get one? I’ve tried most of the local places and can’t find it. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
we use small magnets in small containers to keep from loosing very small nuts and screws when we open them, they sell them in walmarts, about the size of a nickel, hobby shops probably have them also, Michaels would have a assortment I would think for crafts... you could epoxy them in a box so they wouldn't pop together, I don't know if the refrige manets would be strong enough but if they were they are thin and flat and could be glued in also

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
I took my regular Plano jig box and lined it with magnetic tape. Works like a charm, saves quite a few jigs when you drop it on the ice. Couple of tips though,, don't get the tape thats on a "roll", you'll never get it flat enough. The other thing is, I bought some 3M double-sided sticky foam, they come in rectangle shapes, I cut it to size then put that down first, then the magnet tape.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody have a web-site that may carry them?

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
William H Bonney said:
don't get the tape thats on a "roll", you'll never get it flat enough.
Yup, I have found the same thing. Good idea about a prelayer of DS tape!

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Anyone got those magnetic "Business cards" on there fridge at home?

I recently got a bunch from the Jet's Pizza near the house (*Along with a pizza and some wings of course!) I lined the inside of an old plastic VHS tape box and an old 3.5" floppy disc case. You can cut them with a razor blade or sciccors. I used spray adhiesive to attach them. My first thought was "fly box" but now that this use has been mentioned I'll have to go back for more! ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Instead of magnets I took a Tupperware container the one about the size of
Two sandwiches. I then took some foam and cut it about half the thickness of the foam.
I did this about ever half inch the length of the foam. I then put the foam in the Tupperware
And then I place the jig hooks into the slots that I cut. I am able to place the jigs/flies
In rows by color and size. You will be surprised how many it will hold. My wife still asks me
If I know where that Tupperware container is. :confused:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Great Idea!
I think I'll give it a try,thanks.

Another container I use is the plastic one that comes with new
Lazer blades..once you get the label off it is see thru which I like
and will hold quite a few jigs.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts