Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has one? I saw the Jet Sled Jr thread and went to Meijer and sure enough, they were $12.99. They did not have the Jet Sled (larger one) to compare. I was wondering if those that have (or have seen) one personally could give me some info. Are they too large to walk with?

On the web, I've been reading info that they are good for ATVs and S-mobiles, so it got me wondering if I should just go with the Jr. seeing that I would most likely be walking out with mine. The Jr did not have the seat (with windbreak) option, tho, and that is a feature I really want. Any info would help, I'm about to place an order @ Cabellas (gift cert.) and don't know which one to get. thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I believe the seat option has been discontinued on all of the Jet Sleds. I'm not sure it might not be a liablity issue, it never looked to be too stable a set up.

If you are looking for a windbreak option, you may want to take a look at
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...jsp.22&Go.x=20&returnPage=search-results1.jsp

Of course, you still might want to buy the cheap Jet sled jr at Meijer's to haul your stuff.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I bought the jet sled jr a couple years back for that price plus a 50% off coupon....I think it was 6 bucks. Pulls nice by hand and holds enough stuff for the early and late ice trips, kids use it for sledding and its held up good. I had a friend that had the large one with the seat option.....I tried it.....and frankly Im not narrow enough:lol: and it didnt seem too stable. I think I did see some of the large ones at one of the meijer stores in the area....just cant remember which one.

Overall....I can't complain about my purchase

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just got off the phone with Shappell and you were right, the seat option is no longer available. He mentioned that it just wasn't stable enough and the bottom of the sled had to be re-enforced and was costly so they did away with it.

I will go with the Jr. based on the price difference (12.99-39.99) and availability. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the Jet Sled. Its perfect for pulling all my gear on the ice, vexilar, minnows, 1 or 2 five galllon pails, and a gas auger. No problem pulling it at all, no matter what the condition. It also has been great for dragging deer out of the woods. Its a heck of a lot easier than just dragging the deer across the ground, plus it keeps things a lot cleaner. Deer fit right in it, (except for the 300lb, 30 pointers!!!!!) also use it to bring in wood for the fire place from across the yard. Very strong and Very tough. It might cost $20 more but I would recomend it, so would my dad, uncle, and 6 or 7 other friends. Its better to have extra room than not enough.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The first jet sled I bought was the JR, to small for all my stuff, soooo I (being me) went to the XL, it was to big to fit in the back of my pick-up with the wheeler (F-250 full box). So, I went out and bought the regular size, works great, I can leave all my stuff in the sled and load it into the pick-up box cross ways. I can carry all my stuff in the sled and strap the shanty to the top with the auger & minnows on top of that and pull it all out with me. The sled slides good enough to allow me to pull this ste-up. I also bought the connector poles to pull it with the wheeler, this works good also.

I sold the JR to a guy that needs to buy more ice fishing gear, his fit ok, and I use the XL at deer camp.

Rick

·
Registered
865 Posts
Although I've never used the Jet Sled seat, I do use the Jet Sled as a windbreak. Although sort of hard to explain, this works well. I cut a piece of plywood to fit the tail end of the sled. (not sure you need this, seemed like a good idea to distribute the load) I take along one of those folding cloth and alumium chairs that accordian up for storage. I stand the Jet sled up, put in the piece of plywood for reinforcement, and rest the back two legs of the chair on top of the tail of the sled. Your weight via the legs of the chair hold up the sled, with no fear of falling backwards. Hard to describe, easy to do. Takes less than 30 seconds to set up, very comfortable and steady.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I have a jet sled jr. THe sides are tall so stuff wont fall out as easily. I can hold 2 5gal buckets, minnow bucket, spud, tipups, propane heater, extra propane tank, gaff, and i still have a little more room. It pulls really easy. I dont know about in this foot of snow but im sure it will still be easy to pull.

Redneckman

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
:yikes: :yikes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts