Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u guys prefer on your jig raps, Jenson egg or live bait? I've used both n prefer live bait (minnow head or waxie) but a lot of time the lure doesn't respond right but with the egg fixed on center of treble it works great! wondering if there's any tricks to prevent the rap from not swming properly while tipped with live bait.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Put the minnow head on the center of treble like you would the egg. Take the treble off and put the shaft thru the mouth and reinstall. It also makes it harder to lose the head.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never thought of putting the minnow head on the shaft of treble but when I do use the egg I always fix the egg in the shaft. I was thinkin too if u were to turn the treble too so the one hook hangs front n center n the 2 back hooks r facing the rear! Thanks for tip

·
Registered
484 Posts
I purchased some of the original berkley power eggs (red salmon egg color), not the newer garlic version. I'm going to try those on many baits this year, but no feedback yet.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I replace the treble with a single long shank hook and put a bead on it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am a newbie to ice fishing in general but also just picked up my first jigging raps and always assumed to put the egg on the front hook. I just gave it a shot yesterday for about an hour and had no luck.

Someone told me to put a red bead on the front hook, but it sounds like the shaft of the treble is the way to go? I will give it a shot next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts