Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

3061 - 3080 of 3237 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, that was not on Devils. Another Jkn County lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thinking heavy snow is gonna move south of us, but stayed out all day just in case.
4” ice, all at 20’. Few nice crappie and bunch a keeper gills.
View attachment 635583

I heard a rumor that there were two old guys that fished for 12 hours straight today. Oh wait, that was us! Great day. Next up... fish fry

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,066
Did a little night fishin, i see ...LOL I TOLD YOU GUYS NIGHT TIME BEEN ON FIRE CRAPPIES
tonight might of been good with a moon out

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got my first skunk of the year in Irish hills today. Second time out so I guess there’s plenty of time for more lol blue bird sky’s usually aren’t the best for me. Found 5 inches of ice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nine on the lake I’m fishing. 5” of solid ice though

Didn’t mean to mislead anyone but my smartphone got me again! That was supposed to say “none on the lake I’m fishing” would hate to see anyone get hurt. Going back to edit my post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I heard a rumor that there were two old guys that fished for 12 hours straight today. Oh wait, that was us! Great day. Next up... fish fry
Yep I stand corrected. So, just to clarify, after hours of saying “get rid of that black jig...the fish don’t want it”, the lesser wise old guy swapped out his black jig and finally started catching fish...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are all of the parks open untill11:00pm or do they vary by location??? Looking for decent access for late afternoon/evening bite.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hit a lake in Jackson county yesterday and had good action with the panfish. Two tip ups out all morning with no flags. Keeper sized crappie all morning, no real biggins though.

I started out with a small gold fly jig with a spike but could not get past the dink gills. I knew there were crappie down there a little lower on the water column so I switched to a white jig with a long pink plastic and started getting the crappie.

Found em in 12-15 fow. There was about 5 inches of good ice where I was.

20210124_104507.jpg

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,079
Nice reports guys !

I WENT OUT SUNDAY AFTER DARK TILL MIDNIGHT HAVING FUN KEPT 10 CRAPPIES AND caught 2 SMALLER WALLIES , has slowed down

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,080
I WAS FISHING THE SMALLEST OF THE 3 PRIVATE LAKES NOW READY TO MOVE TO THE BIGGEST ONES TRY SOME NEW FISHING AREAS GO FOR BIGGER WALLEYES AND SOME PIKE FISHING SO SINCE I HAVE 50 PANFISH IN FREEZER TIME TO TRY SOME STUFF

3061 - 3080 of 3237 Posts