Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 144 Posts

· Premium Member
14,328 Posts
Hi 6Speed. Thank you! I have Navionics and Garmin Active Captain, I was just curious if there was some other access point on the north end of Devils that guys were using that might not be listed on these apps.
Not that I'm aware of but the boys will answer when they see this. It's a good thread and folks are very helpful. Have fun...

· Registered
887 Posts
Went hunting for some gills this morning, bite was good from sun up until 9:30, 8-10 fow purple or pink ice mite on a clown 5mm tungsten tipped with a maggot. Lite bite you really had to wait to set the hook. Be safe out there conditions are going to deteriorate quickly
Plant Grey Wood Claw Marine invertebrates

Sent from my SM-G990U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Registered
2,094 Posts
Nice. Gotta find a better lake clearly. Hope we get a good freeze up again.

· Registered
5,300 Posts
Got a few keepers in a couple of hours on Twin Pines. It's a little private lake next to Crispell. My buddy's brother lives on the lake, so I can hit it a few times a season. Two of the bass were keepers as well, but I didn't realize they were still in season. Lol. He got lucky. It was about 5 inches of quickly thinning ice with water on top.
Insect Pest Parasite Plant Metal
Sky Water Fish Cloud Fisherman
Fish Recreation Ray-finned fish Fisherman Fin
Sky Smile Jaw Food Fisherman

Sent from my SM-S908U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Registered
887 Posts
Seeing open water now due to the weather.

So now need to predict when we'll have safe ice again.

I'm guessing late January. :confused:
Ya this is looking real bad for everyone in the lower peninsula 3rd week of January at the earliest. I am glad I got it in while I could. Man we haven't had a good winter since 2015.

· Registered
479 Posts
Ya this is looking real bad for everyone in the lower peninsula 3rd week of January at the earliest. I am glad I got it in while I could. Man we haven't had a good winter since 2015.

Last year was a phenomenal winter. 2nd week of January until halfway through March was fishable ice in southeastern MI. That’s pretty incredible

· Registered
887 Posts
Last year was a phenomenal winter. 2nd week of January until halfway through March was fishable ice in southeastern MI. That’s pretty incredible
I am always looking to be on the ice for a solid 12 weeks not 8-9, last year was not horrible but I have video of me drilling holes on Dec 24th and on April 4th in the hills and that's my benchmark for a good season.

· Registered
479 Posts
I am always looking to be on the ice for a solid 12 weeks not 8-9, last year was not horrible but I have video of me drilling holes on Dec 24th and on April 4th in the hills and that's my benchmark for a good season.

That’s the season of dreams nowadays though. That won’t be the norm with climate change. 2 months is great for what we’ve had recently. I remember one winter maybe 7 or so years ago where there was a single weekend we had like 3” and that was all the fishable ice we ever had. I was casting into open water at Dodge Park at Cass in February. But I definitely would love a solid 3-3.5 months of ice, just don’t think we’ll see much of that anymore if ever.

· Registered
13 Posts
I can tell! I have been flipping through some older posts/years. It seems like a great community. Excited to chat fishing and learn the area and lakes!
.75 mile south of that boat access there are two one way roads roads behind Two Lakes Tavern. Where those meet you will usually see trucks parked, you can access the lake there.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Registered
887 Posts
Gloom and doom in the extended forecast, high 30's after today then another warm up to high 40's all the way to Jan 18th. I know they can be wrong but man, if accurate fishing wont be until February.
Ya it's not looking good , I hope things change but it's looking a lot like we're going to have to drive north a pretty significant distance to get some ice time. Super sad

41 - 60 of 144 Posts