Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

· Registered
960 Posts
Looking forward to getting back on the ice. Looking to expand my jig selection. What is everyone’s favorite jigs for panfish

I usually keep it pretty simple. Tungsten fiskas, fiscious jig, glow moon jig. I mostly use spikes, but have had some success with plastics.
Any ideas for new search baits to try or plastics that have worked well.
Thanks

· Registered
21 Posts
Hello fellow ice nuts. Im looking to make a few trips up that way this season. Especially around Jackson area. Looking for big crappie. Not looking for anyone's honey hole, just some help to get in the right direction. I would defiantly like to link up with some locals this winter if anyone is interested.

· Registered
2,094 Posts
Any info on lake crispell? Have the topo map...species? Tips?
Would love an area get together, would bring some moonshine or beer to share :)

Reactions: wishiwasayooper

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seeing skim ice on many lakes. Most not 100% locked up yet (darn geese), but should be with this cool down tomorrow night.

But hopefully your right about the weather being wrong. That warmup and rain prediction towards New Year's Eve could be an ice killer.

· Registered
2,170 Posts
An inch or 2 of snow near me, wind should of blown most off the lakes. Frigid temps, ill be fishing for a couple days. The end of next week predications? IS the rain and 40's gonna kill what is made the next 5 days??

· Registered
2,094 Posts
Going to try on tuesday and wednesday, should be fine on the smaller lakes.

Reactions: Swampbuckster

· Registered
2,094 Posts
Nice aaron. Hope i can bump into you out on devils this year.

Reactions: aacosta
1 - 20 of 144 Posts