Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yeeeehaw! Found live neon multicolor maggots tonight to tip teardrop with.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
2” max on main part of lake Columbia this morning. I fished an hr but was a bit shallow maybe 9 or 10 ft and too scared to venture further out since I am fishing alone. I will hit somewhere else tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
3 days and I’ve been on 6 different lakes. Ice ranging from 3-7”. Be safe and spud your way out

Could use a little dusting of snow. Main bodies/bigger lakes like walking on glass. Ice is crystal clear

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Great reports guys! i work 2 shifts so been busy ! but i actually sold my old boat had for 15 years today which was weird and just put Ice tackle together and in truck tonight for my only day off and just knew it was ready to ice fish, then came on here tonight, was very happy to see all the reports and pics !....Thanks guys ..You rock !!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Let's GO!!
What's latest anyone has been doing on walleye in Devils? Used to have a cottage located in first lil' cove on East side, and used to catch a lot of eyes at sunset right at first break off sandbar. Will have to see if any of my old neighbors are still around to try to get out there in that spot. Has anyone done well on walleyes during Spring, Summer, Fall months? Where did you fish, what presentation?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone know ice conditions on Portage lake in waterloo? If not I will report what I find, will head out there later this week.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
What's latest anyone has been doing on walleye in Devils? Used to have a cottage located in first lil' cove on East side, and used to catch a lot of eyes at sunset right at first break off sandbar. Will have to see if any of my old neighbors are still around to try to get out there in that spot. Has anyone done well on walleyes during Spring, Summer, Fall months? Where did you fish, what presentation?
Live on devils, got a few here and there. If you ever want to meet up send a pm. I'd like to learn a bit more about em

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Got 5 lil gills sunday on a small lake in a couple hrs. It was tough. Kept 1 and put on tipup for pike and or bass - nothing. Glad to get out tho.

·
Registered
670 Posts
3-4" of solid clear ice, gills were at the drop off and a bit fussy, crappie were in the hole and more aggressive, either way it only took a little over 2 hrs to punch my ticket.

Be safe, carry a spud, this lake was safe but every lake is different! View attachment 809444

Sent from my SM-G892U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Nice job there Space! You are always da man on da ice!!

Reactions: Spacepuppy
61 - 80 of 174 Posts