Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to know this guy as a casual acquaintance through mutual friends. So he’s at my friends house and we start talking deer hunting.
He hasn’t hunted in years but now has a grandson who wants to hunt and doesn’t know where to go.
So I tell him where I hunt and tell him he’s welcome to come up “by me”.
What I mean’t by “by me” and how he took it is where my troubles started.

I’ve been getting emails that leave no doubt he wants to get a lot cozier than I ever intended or imagined.
I even got the impression he was hoping to stay in my trailer! When I emailed and asked if he had a trailer or driving back and forth he has never answered.
He emailed that he was going up last Thurs. (I’ve got things going on and not sure when I’m leaving) but gave no clue if he was bringing a trailer or what, and no more emails! I made the mistake of telling him where I put my trailer and if he’s there I just hope the spot across the road is open because I won’t mind him as long as I don’t see him ten feet away.

There’s a lot more to this story and I hesitated to write it because some obviously don’t like “neighbor complaint” stories but I really felt a responsibility to pass it on.
At my age I will have no trouble straightening this out to my satisfaction, I don’t know about his though. However, if I was 40 years younger I would be tied up in knots of anxiety over this.

·
Registered
18,972 Posts
I'd be defining what "by me" vs "with me" means before he arrives .
If gramps is familiar with hunting great, they can hunt a direction where you don't near camp and still gain a lot and have a great hunt if all are agreeable with each other.

If tolerable to you you could put Jr. on a deer, or let them hunt by them selves, which is what who expects I don't know.....let alone where they plan to stay though your trailer might have a target on it.

Gramps did not by your post anyway, seem to mean he needed more than a place to hunt....at first...

So, beetlebomb, how's the huntin up there and where exactly is that trailer? L.o.l..

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be defining what "by me" vs "with me" means before he arrives .
If gramps is familiar with hunting great, they can hunt a direction where you don't near camp and still gain a lot and have a great hunt if all are agreeable with each other.

If tolerable to you you could put Jr. on a deer, or let them hunt by them selves, which is what who expects I don't know.....let alone where they plan to stay though your trailer might have a target on it.

Gramps did not by your post anyway, seem to mean he needed more than a place to hunt....at first...

So, beetlebomb, how's the huntin up there and where exactly is that trailer? L.o.l..
You know Waif I thought it could be fun but when he started wanting to meet for coffee and about drawing him maps? I mean, he couldn’t miss my trailer parking spot and he’s wanting me to draw him maps? I didn’t ask maps of what and just didn’t respond in the emails.
All my life until just recently I always thought I was an extrovert because I’m a compulsive talker and enjoy big events, etc. but when I saw the written definition of “introvert” (someone who gets energized by being alone) man, I knew that was me!

Reactions: Waif
1 - 3 of 3 Posts