Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cold weather has me itchin for the hard water!!!! I was lookin at my gear yesterday, wishin it was here allready!!!! Hopin for a little more consistant action this yr! Had my good days, but overall a slower year. Anyone optimistic about this season?

On a side note, ill be workin on my sled soon, to get her back going again. It was tough w/out it last yr. PLan on takin a few trips up to the bay as well!

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
I was OK till day before yesterday.
Now I'm on fire about it.

I'm even crabby like my grandma used to get when she couldn't smoke and stuff:evil:

And this Sunny, beautiful 60deg day is only pissin me off:evil:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I've got the terminal itch....it NEVER goes away....boat or no boat.

Harry
How are ya comin on those lures I asked ya ta paint??????? The black one and the brown one sittin on buckets in a canal on treasure island with the white floor and reed brown back ground??????? Seein pictures of all the other stuff you been paintin makes me think you aint been workin on mine??????? schlepin off are ya????? The sooner ya paint us sittin on buckets on the ice the sooner that itch will be scratched, might as well throw in an old grumpus with a 200 lb. sled and an augar that wont start while your at it.:evil:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yeah, it was that cold snap that did it. That and I stopped at BassProShops after work on Friday. They have all of their Ice stuff out already, so I was drooling in there for an hour and a half.
I'm in the same boat as you guys, well I guess the same shanty.

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Next trip to the island(if the water aint hard yet)I'm gonna bring an ice rod to fish off the side of the boat...bet it works good. Haven't had to cast 20 minutes after I anchor, they're under the boat. Really itching to try some of the new stuff out.

Mike,

Haven't painted the "catficious jig" for the grumpus either. Meant to, just haven't and I doubt I will for this season. Still want to show you some of the fixed hooks you were asking about, from my old site.

Harry

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
My nephew and I talked about Simco for over an hour earlier this week. I cant wait to get out there; but I cant wait for November deer season either.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Deer hunting is being scratched plenty! I just know ice fishin is next...then eyes on the river, then more eyes........Best 5 month stretch of the year!!!!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Ya,whats up with this 70 degree stuff today!!!! I want ice,and plenty of it.Well I take that back,enough ice to do some fishin on,but not enough to throw out my back!!! I ain't gettin any younger ya know!!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
New ice fishing invention: 10 ft. x 10 ft white styrofoam rafts with a hole in the middle that have those puzzle piece connectors on the edges. start building out today.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I can NOT wait. Looking forward to a nice long season this year. last year wasn't the greatest but I am thinking this year will be better. Going to get my gear out of the shed this weekend and moved into the garage so I can start getting ready. Absolutely love to sit in the garage on a Sunday putting new line on my tip-ups and ice reels. Have to stop on my way home tonight and pick up a 12 of Shiner Bock!

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I believe Sly and I saw one like that on the ice last year fishing the raft. Looks nice but I'd hate to have to put it up in the wind :lol:

When we fishing again Matt? I'm ready for ice!!!!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Looks like the big "Sail" we saw last year Bryon!
Gotta be great on cold calm days though, but it sure will keep ya in one place, I'm thinkin'!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I've had the itch for over a month now...I bought some new boots and a few jigs back in September. The doctors say if I am patient and do as much deer hunting as possible, the itch should clear up by early December. ;)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Sure looks like it Sly, I haven't used my shanty in two years...thinking of selling it actually. Would have to talk to Dad about that though, just no need for one fishing a canal IMO -Bryon

1 - 20 of 39 Posts