Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the surveys to be sent out! How will you vote? One "yes" vote here!

I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Rudolph tonight in person at my local co-op meeting...he said that the surveys might not go out on the 15th because the NRC wants to review it at their next meeting before giving the ok to mail them...they should definitely be out by the end of the month tho...he also said that we could expect the results to be gathered by next January or February

If anybody who reads this gets a chance to talk with Brent in person, I'd strongly suggest doing so! He's a really smart guy with a wealth of knowledge concerning our deer herd (obviously, lol)

Deer season is right around the corner!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
If I got a survey I would vote NO. However, I will not get a survey because last year I hunted in the NW 12. Even though most of the 42+ years I've hunted were in the rest of the LP and even tough I plan to hunt there in the future my thoughts don't count because of where I hunted last year.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
My dad is 68 years old and strongly supports MAPR's, but then again he only kills 4 on a side or bigger deer. He wouldn't kill a spike, 4 or 6 point if you bought his tag and paid him money.

Bow Hunting to him is a sport and a challenge, tagging a little buck isn't either.

·
Banned
127 Posts
My dad is 68 years old and strongly supports MAPR's, but then again he only kills 4 on a side or bigger deer. He wouldn't kill a spike, 4 or 6 point if you bought his tag and paid him money.

Bow Hunting to him is a sport and a challenge, tagging a little buck isn't either.
So you support his choice? But wish to restrict others from making the same choice! Brilliant!
If I received a survey id say no, but then you knew that!

Hayden

·
Premium Member
30,792 Posts
I'm a yes!;)
All of the members of the LPDMI did not recieve the MDNR 2012 Deer Hunter survey, however, many of us did take part in the online survey so there is the possibility that we may recieve one, or even both.:)
The next NRC meeting is tomorrow.

·
Registered
35,596 Posts
I filled out the online survey so my name should be in the pool. I will vote yes on the proposal. I mainly hunt the UP but in a few years maybe I will hunt the properties I own in zones 2 & 3 if the proposals passes.

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Another good reason for participating with the online survey - it gives you a shot at being selected for these things. If I hadn't done the online survey, I never would have received my survey for the NW12 proposal.

Leaning toward supporting the LPDMI proposal as well.:coolgleam

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Either my daughter filled out a survey last year or I did....can't remember...in either case we will be voting YES.
I also hunt in the Eastern U.P. and passed yearling bucks last year missing a my shot at an 8 point. (PUblic Land)

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.