835 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Rudi's Dad 
#1 ·
Less than 2 weeks.
The bell quiets down...
The beeper starts...
BEEP
BEEP
BEEP
The you blast through the grouse woods...
You approach the dog...
The dog is starring into the ferns, stiff as a board, afraid to even blink...
You move ahead slowly...
FLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....
You see a gray brownish/reddish mass of feathers rising as it is banging off the sapplings attempting it escape...
Bang! or in my case Bang,bang, bang, bang...
This time you win.

#5 ·
Yeah, the heat is killer! After I ran my GSP Sunday, she came back to our camp site and crawled under the car. When I crawled under to drag her out, I found that it was surprisingly cool under there (it had been parked overnight and the overnight temp had been in the 50s). Smart dog... All of that was after swimming off and on in a cool northern MI river while we hunted, so yeah... the heat is cooler. I'm praying for a long, cool fall!

KW

#6 ·
Yeah, the heat is killer! After I ran my GSP Sunday, she came back to our camp site and crawled under the car. When I crawled under to drag her out, I found that it was surprisingly cool under there (it had been parked overnight and the overnight temp had been in the 50s). Smart dog... All of that was after swimming off and on in a cool northern MI river while we hunted, so yeah... the heat is cooler. I'm praying for a long, cool fall!

KW
So how long did YOU stay under there? :lol:

#7 ·
Less than 2 weeks.
The bell gets louder...
No BEEP
The you blast through the grouse woods...
You chase the dog...
The dog is running into the ferns, tail circling stiff as a board
You move ahead quickly...
FLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....
You see a gray brownish/reddish mass of feathers rising as it is banging off the sapplings attempting it escape...
Bang! or in my case Bang,bang, bang, bang...
This time you win.
Couldn't start the season without a lab version too! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.