Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brother got skunked after a long day on the water yesterday 200 ft straight out Ludington Today three over twenty pounds same area. Here today, gone tomorrow. Just hoping for more consistency and the thermocline to come up. Manistee next week for me and then back to Ludington for the rest of the month

Reactions: mdj and plugger

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Some delightful NE & NNE winds forecasted on Monday. But I can’t tell if the wind speeds will be sufficient to get the warm water heading to Wisco.

I can’t get the Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting site to work lately. Anyone else try it lately?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I'm off next sat. Sort of looks "ok" so far. If it looks better towards the end of the week I may bring the boat and try fishing the harbor. Otherwise I'll hit the pier early and head up river later in the day and see if I cant get into some trout.

Anyone know if the lake guys are getting fish with decent skiens yet? Might have to hit up the cleaning station see if I can beg some fresh skien.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Im against the north blows flipping the water just yet. Its just like hunting for big bucks after opening day. Theres some out there but when a big push happens your targeting that much less fish. It seems now when it flips they dont hang around piers they just run

·
Registered
846 Posts
Im against the north blows flipping the water just yet. Its just like hunting for big bucks after opening day. Theres some out there but when a big push happens your targeting that much less fish. It seems now when it flips they dont hang around piers they just run
I’m with you there! Southerly wind prolong the salmon trolling season!

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Some delightful NE & NNE winds forecasted on Monday. But I can’t tell if the wind speeds will be sufficient to get the warm water heading to Wisco.

I can’t get the Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting site to work lately. Anyone else try it lately?
1/2 of Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, North or Northeast winds that will move some water. Most of Monday is 20mph with 25 gusts.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
@Slimits while I agree with your sentiments, salmon were created to spawn at different times and have different pushes.
I share your sentiment in the hope of being there for the big one!
Tight lines to you.
They surely spawn all at different times. Id just rather have them wait till they are ready in the lake rather than the river. But im not a river guy so im sure they have a very different wish

1 - 13 of 13 Posts