Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an a senior in High School who just started hunting Island lake. I have been over there 6 times and have not seen a deer. There are signs of deer everywhere scrapes, rubs, and tracks. My problem is I don't have enough time to religiously go over there every night. I live in Novi and am looking for possibly a potential hunting partner to go with me or share some advice. I have a climber, bow hunt and plan on doing some gun hunting at this point in the season I really need to get some meat in the freezer and I really need some help. If anybody can help me out it would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Nick A

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I haven't hunted island lake before, but I imagine it's similar to most public land in the area.

From my experiences theres a lot of luck in hunting public land in high pressure areas. Yes there are certainly things you can and should do to improve your odds, but I find so many times that deer quickly become nocturnal that it's a matter of catching one out early than it usually is.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I live about 1 mile from Island Lake Rec and havent stepped foot in there this year. I have not heard good things, but I really should check it out for myself to tell you the truth. One person did give me some advice, if you can bring a canoe or small boat you can get a ways in using the huron river. That gets you a little off the normal walk in spots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.