Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other thread got me to thinking. In theory paying $20 to argue with someone about politics is a ripoff when you used to get to argue for free, BUT if you break it down per month, it is only $1.67 per month to argue with someone without having to be face to face which is quite attractive. AND I can argue on my own timetable and even leave them stewing for hours if not days by not replying, so since we can't get a free test drive of the political forum, is it worth the $1.67 a month?

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
The other thread got me to thinking. In theory paying $20 to argue with someone about politics is a ripoff when you used to get to argue for free, BUT if you break it down per month, it is only $1.67 per month to argue with someone without having to be face to face which is quite attractive. AND I can argue on my own timetable and even leave them stewing for hours if not days by not replying, so since we can't get a free test drive of the political forum, is it worth the $1.67 a month?
Do brick walls stew for days when leave them hanging in an argument? People incapable of acknowledging that there is another side are like a brick wall but less personality.

·
Super Moderator
35,143 Posts
There are lots of guys here that would love to participate in the PD forum. They just can't because they'd be giving in to "the man".

But if you've got some political statements you want to make without getting them deleted or risking strikes or a ban, yeah I'd say its worth $20. I mean what kind of BS entertainment do people spend $20 on at a whim?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I would love to be able to access political satire and that’s all. I can’t tell you how many memes I have been sent that I have to sit on. Other than that I will save my twenty bucks.

·
Super Moderator
35,143 Posts
Not that I care about money coming in to the site... but all you'd have to do is not buy that 24 pack, and put it toward the political forum and no ads. Not only is the price difference negligible, you'll end up weighing less than you would have by drinking the beer.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The political section here isn't worth a plug nickle.

Strange as it may sound, the reason is because the mods/rules here are way too lenient. In most other forums a lot of things that slide here would get you booted immediately.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
No. But giving money to those who run this site is worth it. I've been here for 15 years and this place has been good to me. I figure I own the $20...and now I can argue about politics as well.
I totally agree. I've been here for almost 16 years, and do not have the post count to be able to post in the political forum. I donated the $20.
I did a quick count of the forums that are open to me, and came up with approximately 140. Are these worth $20 a year? I believe so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.