Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I believe it's been closed for a couple of years now....as has game bird farms.:(

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Jim Ruster is in business. Best to call him after dark. He does not/will not use an answering machine.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'm not sure where you are located but I sell pheasants. I am located in Clare. Pm me for more info.

Sent from my EVO using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Talked to him last week. He's at the Antrim County Farmer's Market almost every Friday.
He is hoping to open this year. He didn't open last year because the land he leases to hunt on was hayed due to the high price of hay. He said last week that he believes he can hunt the land this year, it apparently wasn't hayed. I drove by there a month or so ago and it didn't look hayed then, so should be usable.
Not sure when he opens for business, you will have to call him, your best bet is after dark, as he's outside working on stuff until then, and as Michele said, he refuses to use an answering machine of any kind.
I am usually his last customer of the fall a couple of days before deer season, which is when, if you ask me, you hunt pheasants, wild or tame. And it's usually cooled off enough to hunt open fields by that time. I hunt ruffed grouse until then.
He closes for the winter with the opening of firearms deer season.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I beleive the one in question is the one lacated south of Grand Blanc in Genesee County and I think that I heard that it is closed but not 100% sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts