Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that may know- I'm going up to my property tommorrow morning and had planned on spraying Roundup on the areas I want to plant food plots. Is it too early in the year to do that and how long after you spray do you have, to till, before it starts growing weeds again? I'm located in the NE Lower, about 15 miles south of Rogers City. Thanks for any help given. The Nailer

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went to the local grain elevator on the 27th to get some round-up and the guy there said he would wait to spray it until around the 5th of April. If things are green in your area and you can see plant growth you could spray now. If it is going to be a few weeks before you get back to your property you might want to spray. I am going to spray on the 6th or the 10th of April, then wait two weeks and till the soil. I hope to plant around the first of May if all goes well. Good luck in your planting and hope this helps.

------------------
Barney

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Feedbag- Once it's applied how long do you have to till and replant before the weeds come back? I have a couple of very small areas I want to plant clover and soybeans in, but they're very difficult to get to w/ a rototiller. Can the clover be planted after the weeds are gone w/o tilling? Thanks for any help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts