Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guys saying they are fishing waaaay out of thomas rd, could be fishin very close to the same area of the bay, if they went out of the linwood side????

people giving mis information to avoid the "crowds"????

am i missing something?????

hoping to make the trip over more sooner than later. too darn cold this weekend. good luck, stay warm and safe, tight lines to all. ski

·
Registered
155 Posts
:confused: I think your missing something! There in the slot area, nowhere near Linwood! That would be a hell of a ride!:dizzy:

·
Registered
340 Posts
long ride from either side, 10-13 mi. gonna try it from the west side here in about an hour, let ya know how we do.

·
Registered
697 Posts
It's not misinformation. Every year we fish way out of Thomas rd. once the ice firms up good. Not too awfully many years ago there was damn near a freeway going out and guys were taking their pickups right out there. I am sure that on the really good ice years you probably could navigate a safe route out to the same area from Linwood by mid season, but it'd be quite a little bit longer trip.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
the guys saying they are fishing waaaay out of thomas rd, could be fishin very close to the same area of the bay, if they went out of the linwood side????

people giving mis information to avoid the "crowds"????

am i missing something?????

hoping to make the trip over more sooner than later. too darn cold this weekend. good luck, stay warm and safe, tight lines to all. ski
Have ya read BayCreeper's reports?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just looking for verification of home office verification. LOL! this will only be my second season on the bay, just trying to gather more info to be safe, have some fun, and find the fishes. glad you guys are keeping me in line. we wont know unless we ask.

can someone explain the parking situation at thomas rd if i do decide to venture out from there???? have gps, sled, and willing to travel the ice. dont want to park in the wrong spot and get the entire group in trouble.

i am jonesing for a eye tuggin on the line. ski

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Small 2 track that leads down into the froze over marsh parking area. I have a 4X4 but have never had to use it there but it can get bumpy

·
Registered
697 Posts
The parking is pretty good out there, just take Thomas all the way to the end, it will curve around through a few houses and right out to the bay. There is a good bit of parking on land inside the cattails, but often when we get great ice some will park on the ice as well when it is super full back there. Once my tire gets here and I get going again, I will be out there quite a bit. If you ever want to venture out and want to travel out with someone I would gladly show you what I could. I am a little behind the curve on getting fish so far this year though, just to warn ya, lol.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info and offers guys. hart, i think we are on the Elite board together. i am jonesin bad to get out there. ski

1 - 12 of 12 Posts