Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else bee having problems with theft? It seems like no matter where I set this year I lose traps or fur, much worse than any other season ive had. Lost a lot of traps so far, and today at a spot where ive been questioning fur theft there was fresh tracks in the snow walking up to my water set. Very upsetting!

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I had nearly every trap I had stolen in Montcalm county. I ran water line for rats and mink with some kids. Got depressing where I noticed thieves tracking us down streams just to find my gear. All public land near my home. Very sad. I never saw another set anywhere so I don't believe I was competing or stepping on anyone's toes.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Made four mink sets today on a little brook ,same place I've had traps stolen before.I hope tonight's snow covers my tracks and I'll check in three days from a distance.Going to set some under ice beaver sets tomorrow. again I hope the snow covers my tracks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I hate Reading Crap like this. Deerhunters having Treestands , Game Cams ETC ganked from some Lowlife Dirtball. I HOPE you guys get a lead , or find out something . Don't know how I would handle it . Pretty sure " Assault" would be Involved though :mad: Sorry to hear about This !!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I enjoy my CPL and 2nd amendment rights to much to have "assault" anywhere on my record.
I've learned (from other peoples mistakes) it's best to call 911 or Rap and let the powers to be handle the situation.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Nothing like high fur prices to bring the scum out from under the rocks. When 'rats go back to $5 I'll bet the theft problems go down, too. Seen it before.....

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts