Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Probably won't ruin a plot, just stunt the growth some. Wait for a good rain and and some extra fert. and you should be fine.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Just curious, and how much is too much. Would double the amount ruin a food plot??
It really wouldnt be bad for your purposes with a fall plot. You are just trying to make a lush green carpet of tender forages. If you go along with the suggestions on the label of the plot you are using, it should be correct. The guy who built the seed mix made it for a certain amount of land. Those guidelines will make the best plot with the plants that are in it. If you plant double the intended rate, it just wont get as big and may run out of nutrients. Like gunfun said add some fertilizer (top dress) and you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really wouldnt be bad for your purposes with a fall plot. You are just trying to make a lush green carpet of tender forages. If you go along with the suggestions on the label of the plot you are using, it should be correct. The guy who built the seed mix made it for a certain amount of land. Those guidelines will make the best plot with the plants that are in it. If you plant double the intended rate, it just wont get as big and may run out of nutrients. Like gunfun said add some fertilizer (top dress) and you should be fine.
ORION...Thanks...but I have no nutrients in my soil!:D I hope it does not hurt it!! I can't get back up for a couple weeks...hopefully I can hit it with some fertilizer at that time??

Hey what is in the majority of that green fire?? It look like a bigger seed??

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
It's about 90% winter wheat, 4.5% dwarf essex rape and 4.5% forage turnips I just planted a half acre today, common rain :help:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts