Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most say that the crappier the weather the more the birds seem to fly. I'm trying to decide if I want to goose hunt Saturday or Sunday this weekend. Saturday weather in SW Michigan looks pretty calm, partly cloudy 10-15 mph winds. Sunday however they're calling for 6-12 inches on snow and 15-20 mph winds. I have been planning on hunting on Sunday all week but they weren't calling for real heavy snow on Sunday till today. Prior to today it was 1-3 inches. What's my best bet here?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would definitely hunt. Just from my experience some of the best hunts I have had have been in heavy snow. We hunted in a blizzard the one year so bad we couldn't see the birds till they were 20 yards away. They were coming to the call.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I've hunted in snow, and geese seem to move around quite a bit in inclement weather, but I've never hunted in super heavy snow (I've only been waterfowl hunting for 3 years now). I do hear from a lot of guys that heavy snow is great for geese and that they are just all over the place looking for food and places to hang.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Late season geese is a must to hunt during snow storms. I've had it snowing so hard all of a sudden they appear. I would be out first thing and on the x.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for the responses. Of course my wife has made plans for us on Sunday now. She doesn't know it yet but I'm hunting on Sunday instead. I'm absolutely blaming it on all of you when I break the news to her tonight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts