Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else out there is fishing Lake Orion. My house is on Orion, and I fish it almost daily. Lets swap info, or trips. I have all the equipment including quad, gas augers, Vexilar, 1 man portable, and two man portable. I have been getting very good crappies and lots of smaller gills. But pike has been slow. I would like to find some good pike spearing or larger gills somewhere in the area.
Thanks,
DuckDog :cool:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I fish it in the summertime from my boat its a great lake for everything mostly bass for me and big crappies Im also thinking about hitting it thru the ice. The lake is so big my crappie spot is far away to where I'd have to walk it wouldnt be worth it my back goes out. Another problem is remembering wich cove it was in? and if in the winter if there in same spot? what foot of water would you fish in? I may try that lake this week and I still ate them fish what would them black dots be that are coverd over them fish would you know?

foot of water for crappies? in summer it was about 12

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The black dot are parasites. The DNR says they are OK to eat. Bluegills and sunfish have the spots, but I have never seen them on crappie. You can get lake maps at the DNR website.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lake Orion 2/14/2004

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
whas the Pike caught on Lake Orion. We set tip-ups around Victoria Island all SuperBowl weekend had two releases. Not like it used to be..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, got it on Lake Orion last Saturday. I was out there Superbowl weekend too. The pike are still in there, maybee you should try some deeper water. PM me next time you are going out there. I have ideas about several good spots to try. There is just too much water there for one guy to try them all.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
thats a nice pike for lake orion cant wait for summer I hade no idea they got that big there its a great bass fishing lake and pan fish wow great fish

·
Banned
466 Posts
hw's the fishing in lake orion? i see it's just north of pontiac and i'm going to the woodward dream cruise, so i'll be in the area ,so i'd like to check it out, is there public access on lake orion? what about the other lakes ,as i see there are several and what other lakes are good around the lake orion community as it's the name of the municipality as well as the principal lake there. are there crappie?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts