Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its 2:25 and im getting ready to head out it looks like the rain has let up for a while and it may end up being a productive nite,, or at least i hope so
has anyone else decided to hunt this evening, and for those that are heading out good luck and stay dry

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Yeah...just got dressed im going out right now. Havent been seeing much latley but im not gonna get one sittin here! Dont care much for this east wind.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
I'm not crazy about sitting out in the rain and trudging through the slushy mud that will be out there. I'm hoping next weekend will bring us some cold climates.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
In spirit only. I'd love to be out there but other responsibilities are keeping me in. Heck, if I'm online I'm obviously not working on the projects so maybe I should hit the woods! If I'm luck I'll sneak out of work a little early on Wednesday for one final hunt. Call me weird but I like to begin and end the season in the woods. Good luck to everyone hunting tonight, John-Ypsi

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tonight my buddy that i hunt with got one (doe). We were heading to our stands and i told him to sit over on this ridge. i was almost in my stand and i hear booommm!!!! So i Jump out of my stand and go over there. and there lays my buddys first deer ever:) !!!! I was so happy for him, but then i told him i wasnt gutting it for him, so it was a good learning experience:evil: .

Tim

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just got back in, it wasnt bad out at all no rain until i started down the tree as a matter of fact it was a nice nite no high winds and no rain, now all i needed was the deer to cooperate :lol: saw 1 doe about 160 yrds out in the farmers field and that was around 4:30 and she never came closer. oh well looks like both bow and gun seasons skunked me but that is fine i still enjoy being outside and alone.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I was going to, but I killed one last night, and with the weather getting warm, it will have to go in my fridge tonight. Only room for one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

I went out and thought I would be in the rain the whole time but did not care. It turned out great and it only rained when I got back to the truck. The only thing I saw was one lone turkey strollin along about 20 yards out. Oh well no deer yet.

M29

·
Registered
295 Posts
Went out at 2:30 in light rain and I really started coming down about 4:00 pm. It was so foggy in the woods I had a hard time seeing. About 4:50 pm saw 1 doe and 3 fawns and acouple minutes later 4 more does came in. It got dark really early due to the fog. Hope to make it out a couple more times.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts