Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's dry here in sw mi. My brassica plot planted on august 4 looks barren except for a few brave souls popping up. I picked up a semi trash pump from by brother in law with the plans on trying it as an irrigation pump. It has a 2" inlet and outlet. I know it is designed for volume not pressure, but I figured for what I need it should produce enough pressure once the 2" outlet gets reduced to garden hose size. Has anyone tried this here? If so, how did you rig it up to run irrigation nozzles?

I should mention that I will be drawing the water from the river that runs through my property, and my food plots are on the banks of the river - 25 feet wide by 1/2 mile long.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
It's dry here in sw mi. My brassica plot planted on august 4 looks barren except for a few brave souls popping up. I picked up a semi trash pump from by brother in law with the plans on trying it as an irrigation pump. It has a 2" inlet and outlet. I know it is designed for volume not pressure, but I figured for what I need it should produce enough pressure once the 2" outlet gets reduced to garden hose size. Has anyone tried this here? If so, how did you rig it up to run irrigation nozzles?

I should mention that I will be drawing the water from the river that runs through my property, and my food plots are on the banks of the river - 25 feet wide by 1/2 mile long.
I still have over 400 feet of 2" hose and the pump left.
I tried a few different things, like, build a reducer out of PVC and used 4 sprinkler's, I also tried a fire hose on the end of my hose, that work but was time consuming, but fun.
The last thing I did and like best was, I had some old fire hose and I make a soaker hose out of it (drill a bunch of holes in the old fire hose and plug off the end) to water my food plots and garden I had up north. Anyone interested in my 2" trash pimp and hose I have make me an offer.

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
You better check with the DEQ/DNR on diverting river water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts